Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I have Origin Access Premier..If I decide to BUY Anthem

by azmuth

Original Post

Highlighted

I have Origin Access Premier..If I decide to BUY Anthem

★★★★★ Novice

I have Origin Access Premier..If I decide to BUY Anthem; will my game progress be saved or be continued ?

And will I still get the Legion of Dawn Edition content if I purchase it after play Anthem on the Premier Access ? Cool

Message 1 of 10 (289 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If you choose to buy the game, all your progress will be saved and carried over. 

As for the LoD content, if you buy the LoD edition, you will keep it all. If you buy the standard version, you will lose only the LoD items. Also, if you buy it while you are subscribed to premier, you will get the 10% discount on the purchase price. Standard smile

Message 2 of 10 (287 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank You for a speedy reply

Message 3 of 10 (280 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@azmuth wrote:

Thank You for a speedy reply

Most welcome! I subscribed because I want to play early, and while I am awaiting the launch, have been delving into some of the old games I really enjoyed, like Dragon Age Origins, which I lost my original disks for. So, for me it was economical to be able to play multiple games. If I become totally addicted to Anthem, I will bite the bullet and buy it down the road probably.

Message 4 of 10 (275 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

All good points !!  I also pretty much subbed for the same reasons. I have been subbed for several months and plan on continuing my Premier Access because I also like strolling down the memory lane of older games.

Have to admit though; with many of the newer games...my stroll has been lass and less....LOL. Thinking

Message 5 of 10 (251 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

You may have to pre-order the LoD editition by the 22nd to keep the Founder banner without Premier. As far as I can tell, everything else should unlock even if you buy it after release.

Assuming you can even still pre-order it after the early access starts. Probably can, but not sure.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 6 of 10 (230 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Actually according to a friend of mine in discord. there is some * going around there.

In chat with Origin atm. Got news on a bitof EA * you guys will want to know about. Brb.
Okay, so here's the thing. If you pre-ordered the standard edition and then bought a month of Premier in order to play early, you're going to be * sideways when that month runs out. Your month of play in the Legion of Dawn edition will become unavailable, and you will have to start over with the standard edition.
If you pre-ordered Legion of Dawn, this will not happen.
But apparently, some extra equipment and a few skins equals an entirely different instance of the game that cannot be carried over. You'd think it'd just be that the extra assets would disappear, but no such luck.
The only fix here is to upgrade your game to Legion of Dawn. That option will apparently show up on the game's Origin page at launch on the 22nd.
I suspect they're going to be up to their * in really pissed off gamers a month from now.

Seems there was a heavy case of support staff not knowing what they were talking about. and none of this is true afterall. no progress loss. but you do lose pre order bonuses if you don't get it before the 22nd. and you do lose LoD stuff if you get the standard edition

Message 7 of 10 (205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Mate, you'd better address to EA managers or to Bioware devs on twitter if you want to specify smth. At least here, EA guys confirmed multiple times that the progress is saved during Early access.

Message 8 of 10 (188 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
Yeah.. support said otherwise. but that support member was wrong. just came off a chat with someone else who told me that. i updated my original message
Message 9 of 10 (162 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Thank all of you for responding and trying to clear thing up. I would think this would be an issue that would be cut and dry.....guess not so much... LOL  

AngelWonderingTeeth bared

Message 10 of 10 (139 Views)
Twitter Stream