Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I hate to say it BW, but you're too slow

by Quinxder

Original Post

Highlighted

I hate to say it BW, but you're too slow

★ Guide

I've made some room for other games on my harddrive.

Please make sure that we will notice it when you really add something meaningful new to the game. Would be sad to miss anything, especially the alleged timed catacylsm event.

Thanks for the 180 hours of fun, though

see you in a few months??

Message 1 of 29 (720 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Cyphronite wrote:

see you in a few months??

No.

Message 2 of 29 (702 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CyphroniteThe team is indeed nowhere near ready for actual game-as-service cadence since they cannot separate development into two+ independent streams (new content once in a while and bugfixes + balance weekly). Actual GaaS games are getting multiple patches per week, sometimes even per day - yet BW struggles to implement monthly updates while the game could use some bug fxes right now.

Like why on Earth should players experience cursor disappearance in menus in launch bay for a month+ till the next big content update?

Although to be fair content development looks on par with other games and its quality is better (outside of strange loot). Assuming Cataclysm will be released in July.

Message 3 of 29 (691 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Viewga wrote:

@Cyphronite

Although to be fair content development looks on par with other games and its quality is better (outside of strange loot). Assuming Cataclysm will be released in July.

Thats the best joke i heard this year, thanks for that :D

Message 4 of 29 (679 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@QuinxderI mean just look at those open world zones in Warframe - they are horrible (how about precise and lengthy mining mechanics - while respawning NPCs swarm you?) and company didn't release any other zones during last 12+ months.

And The Division 2 struggles with gun modules to the point there they were virtually useless because they had negative effects far beyond their positives. Like weapon magazines lowering amount of ammo or scopes lowering precision. Not to mention how uncomfortable is gunplay in The Division 2 compared to Anthem - it's lacking aim assist so aim floats increasing TTK which is already huge for an action game.

And then there is Anthem's Cataclysm which is actually fun despite all the memes by people who just cannot find a better game.

Message 5 of 29 (673 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Viewga wrote:
@QuinxderI mean just look at those open world zones in Warframe - they are horrible and company didn't release any other zones during last 12+ months.

And The Division 2 struggles with gun modules to the point there they were virtually useless because they had negative effects far beyond their positives. Like weapon magazines lowering amount of ammo or scopes lowering precision.

Warframe, Destiny and The Division all have more content, more challenges, more meaningful tasks. I dont need a open world, especially not a boring open world like in anthem where i can kill some insects like the pest control. Anthem is the most boring and crappy game i can remember within the last 20 Years Standard smile

The mods in TD2 are changed since a month or even longer, they mostly have no negativ effects. But what you say is simply wrong, the negative effects wasnt a problem at all.

Message 6 of 29 (668 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@QuinxderSure thing, negative effects wasn't a problem because nobody used mods till the devs took their sweet two months to fix few numbers in the database.

And despite tons of meaningful tasks in Warframe it all winded down to a single instance I actually liked (Hieracon) because overall quality is bad since they stop content iterations couple months post-release while chasing quantity over quality.

And if you actually played for 20 years you should remember how bad were Anarchy Online, Warhammer Online and many other games which simply crashed every five minutes for months after release. Not to mention BioWare's own SWTOR where PvP instance dropped to 3-5 FPS just 6 years ago.

To me it look like some people just like to feel violated and somehow they prefer to wail around PC games: if you check game ratings it's easy to notice how exact relicas of PC games have much, much better mobile user reviews.

Message 7 of 29 (663 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Viewga wrote:

@QuinxderSure thing, negative effects wasn't a problem because nobody used mods till the devs took their sweet two months to fix few numbers in the database.

And despite tons of meaningful tasks in Warframe it all winded down to a single instance I actually liked (Hieracon) because overall quality is bad since they stop content iterations couple months post-release while chasing quantity over quality.

And if you actually played for 20 years you should remember how bad were Anarchy Online, Warhammer Online and many other games which simply crashed every five minutes for months after release. Not to mention BioWare's own SWTOR where PvP instance dropped to 3-5 FPS just 6 years ago.

To me it look like some people just like to feel violated.

And here we got you as a no TD2 player :D Of course we used the mods Wink

Well Warframe doesnt charge you 70 Bucks right? Wink

You mean crash like anthem? Even anarchy online was better then anthem is (and ever will be)

What it looks to you doesnt matter. Your post and your comparision overall is simply proven wrong by counting active playerbase on the mentioned games Wink

Message 8 of 29 (655 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@Quinxder The Division2 f2p this days.
Message 9 of 29 (640 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@uli8686And that's just 3 months after release. "A dead game" would be a reaction in case if it was Anthem yet we see people praising TD2 even though the devs themselves says it underperform.

I've re-checked it yesterday and uninstalled after one hour (again). Where Anthem's problems are either already fixed (loading screens) or are in the process of fixing (Cataclysm will solve lack of variety in end-game content) or are just a few numbers in database (loot inscriptions) - there TD2's ugly characters and core "Crouching Behind Wall Simulator 2019" gameplay will stay till the release of TD3 couple years later.

Anyway. it's time to do dailies in Anthem.

Message 10 of 29 (632 Views)
Twitter Stream