Re: I hate Battlefield 2042

by Orus_Eye

Original Post

I hate Battlefield 2042

★★★ Apprentice

Im not going to complain about missing features, things we want, lack of content etc.

Im honestly just so sick of the constant issues and the extremely toxic community (ingame, on the forums its okay).

The fact that DICE/EA dont even acknowledge the massive performance issues some users are having (including me). Get about 100 - 150 fps in Solo/AI but around 30fps on low in MP. Its just unplayable. The issues with hitreg, where bullets just go straight through people. They dont even acknowledge that. They disable mastery gains in solo/coop (the only way i can enjoy the game since the crap performance) so i cant progress.. For honestly no good reason at all.

Since when did massive issues and broken games become the norm? Just the fact that they have a thread called "known issues" is just insane. People shouldnt be having any issues at all.

I've been a long term fan since BF1942 (as i suppose many here are). But i started to spend an insane amount of time playing BF games ever since BF2142. Since then i probably have 2 000+ hours in each title. But honestly, this was it for me. It saddens me to say it. I dont care about the creative decisions DICE makes. But the fact that the game is just utterly unplayable and that i know for a fact its not something they will prioritize (scoreboard will probably be the thing they fix first, even if their server room was on fire).

BF2042 was supposed to be a "love letter to the fans" but it feels more like a breakup. I played the beta, got crap performance then. Upgraded my PC but there is honestly no difference. We are having issues now that werent there in the beta.

If they even think about blaiming any of the issues on "working from home, covid". They are lying to you. I live in Sweden, in Stockholm. Here, nothing changed during covid.

Bye BF/DICE. We had many fun years, but its time to go our separate ways.

Message 1 of 45 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Guide

I keep getting a directX error that freezes my whole game.

What is this garbage?

Message 2 of 45 (1,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

they need to nerf the  helicopter or make the AA better

Edit: Reduced font size. Please do not abuse formatting options. -CM

Message 3 of 45 (1,986 Views)

★★ Pro
@SeductiveLover So long and see you off the battlefield!
Message 4 of 45 (1,973 Views)

★★ Pro
@CONFERMKILL1 you may want to tone down the font sizes there...
Message 5 of 45 (1,967 Views)

★ Pro

might want to take the etc out of the first sentence.  Wink

Message 6 of 45 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Newbie

True

Message 7 of 45 (1,832 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SeductiveLover Are you still playing the game? I am betting you are…
Message 8 of 45 (1,826 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, i uninstalled it. Was curious after reading about the day 1 patch. But the "fixes" adresses nothing that the community has given feedback/bug reports on.

I understand what your saying thoe, i told myself not to buy it after testing it out in the beta. But i was weak and got EA Play pro to try it out. Glad i did and didnt spend the same amount of money on it that some other people here did.

Message 9 of 45 (1,764 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The game is broken on XBOX too. Seriously DICE, what's going on?

Message 10 of 45 (1,666 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help