Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I got the Masterwork Light Machine Gun, What does the Special Ability Do?

by W2RD-1982

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

Does anyone know roughly how much damage the Detonation Explosion does?

:-)

images.png

Message 11 of 18 (137 Views)

★★ Guide

that gun -_- ? 

no ..

ablity is crappy 

but its 500 rpm lmg is can shoot long range. but its heavy recoil a lot . 

if you use it with renewed courage you can make it no recoil for 20 sec by reload renewed courage 2 time 

I have 3 of it or 4 I cant remember now. but 1 of It is very super gun . I use it as a panic button . When I click social tab

and found out other 3 ppl is my team is newbie lower than 500 and they are dare to enter SH GM2 - o -;;

cheer 

Message 12 of 18 (122 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@Reposter wrote:

Does anyone know roughly how much damage the Detonation Explosion does?

No one has any idea how much damage anything does, frankly.

Use the gun, play around with close range abilities that prime and see if this gun works for you.  The blast damage is extremely situational, you can almost always do something better than empty a weapon clip just to get an explosion.

Message 13 of 18 (116 Views)

Champion

You don’t actually have to empty a clip. You can technically reload after firing one round (and won’t lose the rest of the ammo in the magazine, somehow).

The damage done by the detonation should be proportional to your javelin’s power level (i.e. sum of the power levels of all your gear). You can probably try looking at the floaties to see how much damage the combo is doing, but I never paid that much attention to it. I assume it also depends on which javelin you’re using it with, but not really sure about that either.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 14 of 18 (100 Views)

★★ Guide

That gun is pretty awesome in gm1, after that i becomes unpractical if you dont have godly damage rolls on it.

in gm1 you can prime a bunch of targets with frostgrenade as ranger, then just run in the middle and reload and boom you got yourself a combo much like the colossus, it shreds, but only in gm1, in higher difficulty you dont really have time or hp to stand and reload in a bunch of frozen enemys if others are up and running.

but yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Message 15 of 18 (92 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The LMG's are meh below Leg status and then you need a good set of inscriptions on top (200%+dmg). If you DO have any of the three with good rolls they are lawnmowers and chew through most things pretty fast.

Cycle of Pain: Hardest hitting with a fire rate modifier. One of the components for Interceptor I think (refil mag on dash) means you can keep it open with 10x rate of fire indefinitely while you have something to kill of course. 10x its DPS is brutal at power 75..!! I use a Lego version with 250%+ dmg as Ranger short to mid range option.  Mainly for priming with Elemental Ops and pure dealt damage thereafter. Also has good range and a Marksman single shot play style.

Renewed Courage: Fastest hitting with recoil modifier. Shortest range out of the three but super at priming. Again with Elemental Ops and a good set of Acid effect and Dmg rolls it's a great combo builder (Recurring Vengeance & Last Argument). Non stop combo time.

Artinias Gambit: Best of both, hits well and reasonable rate of fire if mowing down GM1 mobs is your desire. However, the proc is very weak and not worth much excitement past GM1. It does detonate but the range is almost point blank, not the best time to reload possibly?? In GM1 it's hard to not use as you can't prime and combo so much anyway - everything just melts away.... I use it to pop Scar heads like champagne corks lol.

Focused Freeze: Universal Component, is worth including if you like to freeze a target but not sacrifice a gear slot with a ice primer. For instance Ralner's Blaze + Cycle of Pain, and Elemental Ops on top, gives the ranger all four primers leaving gear/assault for detonators.  It further helps a combo builds by allowing you to rotate combo's and double up effects for more dmg. Something I'm sure a lot of combo build players have noticed only having two types - you have to wait to reapply. 

A good mix of components, sigils and rolls and they are super fun.

Message 16 of 18 (64 Views)

Champion

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

The LMG's are meh below Leg status and then you need a good set of inscriptions on top (200%+dmg). If you DO have any of the three with good rolls they are lawnmowers and chew through most things pretty fast.

Weapon damage in general is meh unless you’re overgeared for the difficulty and/or have silly +damage inscriptions on them. Even sniper and marksman rifles feel like they’re shooting rubber bullets at their base damage. It also kinda helps to hit the weakpoints, you’ll do underwhelming damage otherwise with any weapon.

On the other hand, Legendaries with good rolls are ridiculous. I have a Lego CoP with +250% damage and I’ve done entire runs of GM2 TM barely using my abilities at all. And I don’t even have the components with the priming passives yet (not for LMGs anyway – I have one for the shotguns).

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 17 of 18 (53 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@AcKilleeZ wrote:

Focused Freeze: Universal Component, is worth including if you like to freeze a target but not sacrifice a gear slot with a ice primer. For instance Ralner's Blaze + Cycle of Pain, and Elemental Ops on top, gives the ranger all four primers leaving gear/assault for detonators.  It further helps a combo builds by allowing you to rotate combo's and double up effects for more dmg. Something I'm sure a lot of combo build players have noticed only having two types - you have to wait to reapply. 

A good mix of components, sigils and rolls and they are super fun.

I find renewed courage works best with focused freeze, elemental ops and ralners. Tried artinia and cycle but they are not as fast and speed is key for me. But dang so nice with endless combos on scar enforcers, basically chainstun combo, if you are alone. Every other time someone else not familiar with ranger ends up almost killing you while detonating their own. Since yeah, dont let the ranger heal or do most damage. Only time om ok with it, is if it's a colossus macrohammering, because yeah, smoother and faster.

Message 18 of 18 (44 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help