Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: I got the Masterwork Light Machine Gun, What does the Special Ability Do?

by W2RD-1982

Original Post

I got the Masterwork Light Machine Gun, What does the Special Ability Do?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, I got a Masterwork Light Machine Gun that gives a blast when it reloads, but I do not know what the blast suppose to do? How do you use this Light Machine Gun properly? I just arm it on my Epic Ranger Javelin, it frags most things on Hard Difficulty but I do not know how to maximise its Special Ability properly?

Would appreciate Experienced Players tips and enlightenment, thanks.

Message 1 of 18 (405 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

The blast on that weapon does damage to enemies close to you.  It's not a very good ability.  If you are in melee often it might be useful.

Message 2 of 18 (390 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have seen some YouTube videos and comments on the Internet that Artinia’s Gambit could use a Buff? 

Do you think it could be buffed since you think it is not a very good ability?

Some people say just throw a Ranger Primer Grenade then rush in, should work against Normal or Hard Ads but not useful for GM1 mobs, is this true to your experience?

Message 3 of 18 (385 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The blast is a detonator so it will detonate primed targets in close range when you reload. 

Message 4 of 18 (384 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@lengy19Do you frag a load of enemies with a Ranger Javelin Armed with this gun? I would rather give my Interceptor a Level 38 Shotgun then this gun base on my current Level 30 stats.

Message 5 of 18 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

@lengy19Do you frag a load of enemies with a Ranger Javelin Armed with this gun? I would rather give my Interceptor a Level 38 Shotgun then this gun base on my current Level 30 stats.

I don’t use this gun personally, all guns bar 2-3 suck, but that’s no surprise in the grand scheme of things. Today’s update contains a massive.. 7 things so I wouldn’t hold your breath on any sort of buffs/balancing regarding the many underpowered weapons any time soon, unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 18 (364 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you not use this gun because there are better Masterwork Weapons or do you honestly feel it is not a very powerful gun with the way its current Special Ability works?

I just use it as a High Damage Light Machine Gun, it does good damage against most Ads but I think its suicidal from my own experience to go into melee range with my Ranger Javelin, at least for GM1 Mobs anyhow.

I want to ask people if they feel Artinia’s Gambit is Underpowered or just needs more experience with it? How would you use it if you are Power Level 400-450+ as a Ranger Javelin? I hope future posters can help me understand if this Gun is just better off without its Special Ability, as trying to use it might get you to get Downed?

Message 7 of 18 (355 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ahhh the Gambit. Personally I love the gun. Hard hitting, big magazine, accurate increases with sustained fire, and has range. I use it as my Gun dmg build with Seeker grenades. 10 - 11k dmg per shot The detonator is very limited. I usually drop out of the sky and detonate a mass iff I am using my cryos. The gun is special on it's own. 

Message 8 of 18 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Yea, it works best on enemies that are frozen (by you or by someone else). It’s a bit awkward to use, but it does technically give you the option of having three primers (ice, acid, and the electricity primer from your melee) and still being able to detonate.

You do have to be very close to the primed enemies for it to work though, which means you’ll typically be staggered before you finish reloading unless the enemies are frozen.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 9 of 18 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone know roughly how much damage the Detonation Explosion does?

Message 10 of 18 (236 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help