I genuinely feel bad for newbies/low-skilled players with these matchmaking

by bosourd

Original Post

I genuinely feel bad for newbies/low-skilled players with these matchmaking

★★ Pro

I'm not even gonna mad at them anymore, it's just unfair to them to keep up with above-average players or better, these guys probably have 0.1-0.5 KDR and forced to play with players like me with 1.5 KDR, I'm not even that good tbh, and they keep dying over and over once there is a fight. Let alone when they meet preds.

Not to mention they are so slow at looting and got left behind, in the end, they just died alone.

Of course, it's fun to kill newbies, but I also hate to play with masters & predators, So let them play with players that have similar skills, or when they pre-made with veterans. Don't put solo newbies into veterans' lobbies. Also don't force us to carry them because it's just not gonna work. Let them sharpen their skills themselves, if they getting carried all the time, they're not gonna enjoy the game that much and they'll quit eventually.

'Cause they will always feel bad at the game no matter what.

Message 1 of 24 (899 Views)

Re: I genuinely feel bad for newbies/low-skilled players with these matchmaking

@bosourd Some of them are really not that bad. I've been matched with some fairly goated noobs. I think some of the time they just need a bit of guidance and someone to build their confidence up in game. I had a level 40 who was doing fairly good with me. I was leading the fights and he was keeping up, keeping enemies off of me when I'd heal. He was being overly critical of himself. But he was definitely finishing up/clutching fights for our squad. He ended up nearly matching me with damage and kills, and was about 750 damage above our third who was a level 500.

He definitely needed to work on using abilities but his legend movement, rotation and what not was all decent. I played some more rounds with him and there were times he was a potato, but I had rounds in which I was. I really tried to build his confidence and the more he had the better he got at the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 24 (885 Views)

Champion

@bosourd  agreed, had a level 27 blood the day before last, he went down 9 times ithroughout the match, two of these resulted in full death for him.

You could see he was really trying to work with us though, so we tried giving him some encouragement lol.

We were all noobs once, some people forget that. :3

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 24 (861 Views)

★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex had few cooperative newbies lately, but still, I can't really guide them when in a fight, they kinda have to figure it out on their own, which kinda makes me feel bad lol
Message 4 of 24 (835 Views)

@bosourd I get it, I've noticed it too. Down 2 people from a squad and heavily damage the third. Teammate is lets them revive because me and the other teammate are down.. yet they are at full health. i'm sitting there wondering what they are thinking

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 24 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@bosourd

Currently the experience is a lose lose IMO. Frustration reigns on both sides. Low skilled players are in way more than they can handle, keep dying, learning little or nothing because the jump is too steep.
More skilled players get the situation you describe; they are forced to carry, which often ends in frustration.

Since this situation is deliberately created, it makes me think that the game is mostly a casual game, intended to be played in small bites or just 3/4 hours a week at best.
Just my opinion

It usually goes somewhere like this

#1.PNG

Message 6 of 24 (768 Views)

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex
Perhaps some of those "goated noobs" are actually smurfing? I mean a good plat player that has no team to play with and climb up is probably the perfect candidate to make a smurf account and start over....just my 2cs.
Message 7 of 24 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag

I think the point OP is making is not about being a noob, but about how matchmaking is tainting everyone's experience by deliberately making teams with too wide of a gap in skills.
Sure, everyone had to start somewhere.... but placing a level 10 along with a pred as a way of balancing the match is not really balancing it imo.
Yeah, the skill level of the squad will be lowered, but not all players know how to carry a team.... some are very good as support players, and once you force them to either make the kill or die... they die.... and get frustrated....

Message 8 of 24 (761 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

im a day one player and still love the game but its wears me down a lot of the time. ive a lifetime kd of 2 and my lobbies are nothing but hell every match i play either ranked or pubs. Pubs ive to handhold against 3 stack preds and masters, my randoms are on average below 100 they don't stand a chance, im going to be honest in pubs its gotten so bad for my own experience if i go down i just instaquit cause i can't remember the last time anyone saved me in a match so its bye bye on to the next one, rinse and repeat.

The thing that really annoys me is the blatant lies from respawn about matchmaking, supposedly there is a such a low amount of masters and preds yet no matter what time of day or wherever i server select in the world it still manages to find me masters and pred stacks filling my lobby. i must be in a bracket that is the worst for enjoyment in this game. if the matchmaking was fair i would probably have played this game till it died but at this juncture im just waiting for battlefield 6 and hope to god that turns out a good game.

Message 9 of 24 (736 Views)

Champion

@HopesKunai  I understood the OP perfectly, which is why I started my reply with "agreed" ^.^

This is an age old complaint, and honestly it won't change....you spin a roulette wheel everytime you solo queue and thats the top and bottom of it.

Newbie protection is pointless as it just creates a feeding ground for smurfs. There's literally no winning formula here and it sucks lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 24 (712 Views)