I finally understand everyone's problem with the new ranked system

by Marge010

Original Post

I finally understand everyone's problem with the new ranked system

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

So I've recently started playing ranked this season and I can't get passed bronze 4!! Also every other team I come accross is either silver or gold! Hahaha what a mess this is!

Message 1 of 14 (554 Views)

Re: I finally understand everyone's problem with the new ranked system

★★★★ Apprentice
@Marge010 If other players' top rank was silver and gold, I'd be very happy.
Message 2 of 14 (523 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Marge010 Are you saying that you used to be diamond and now the game is telling you something else, or are you saying that you believe your current rank is accurate but don't understand why you're not playing against other bronze tier players?
Message 3 of 14 (499 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm saying I expect to get passed bronze 4 with ease but bronze is a lot harder than it was before.

I'm also saying that I expect to see most other teams I come accross to be the same rank as well. My teammates are always bronze. Why aren't my teammates silver or gold if most other players are?

It's obviously messed up this new version of ranked because everyone is not a similar level of skill. There is quite a skill gap. 

Message 4 of 14 (467 Views)

★ Expert

@reconzero He's saying that ranked is a mess because everyone from Gold to Rookie tier can be in the same lobby and the game heavily penalizes solo players, since the average Apex player does not care about losing and hot drops every single time or pushes everyone with no criteria. 

Message 5 of 14 (454 Views)

★★ Guide

Im a mid skill player and every season up till now hit plat or diamond dependiong how much spare time i have to play.

Not this season........ its nearly impossible to make steady progress if you solo queue and arent exceptional, ive already de ranked 4 times from gold because im simply not good enough enough to carry a useless squad. My skill level/ability just seems to have dropped into  a massive flaw in the ranked system.

Message 6 of 14 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Marge010 It's because you are not playing against bronze/silver players.
Half the F**ing lobbies are full of smurfs, hackers, Masters and Predators. Both ranked and pubs.

Why?
Because EA / Respawn knows that it makes smurf bullies happy when they get fed with low ranks.
EA wants money, who spends most money?
The one with several accounts, loving the game because he's so good at it.

Don't for a second believe that EA cares about you and me, and all talks about reporting smurfs, that they gonna ban cheaters etc etc....
It's all swine manure.
Message 7 of 14 (394 Views)

★★★ Expert

Far as I can tell, it's still a full circle tug with their streamers.

Someone needs to wake them up about who pays their bills, not who they think their pals are. The game is deservedly losing interest in ranked, though it is still popular (attribute it to Control and that there's still public play which is sort of acceptable if fairly trashy).

Message 8 of 14 (387 Views)

★ Guide
@Marge010 If you’re having trouble getting passed bronze 4 it sounds like that’s exactly where you should be
Message 9 of 14 (365 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@lilbabyjoe69 Maybe your right. Every other season I've played ranked I've managed to get to get to platinum as a solo player. This season I'm stuck at bronze 4.

My point is that ranked is messed up because bronze is the new platinum for solo players. There's no below rank for the casual solo player. It's super hard from the get go. That's why it's so messed up
Message 10 of 14 (338 Views)