Re: I don't understand why players pick Lifeline??

by hayhor

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor I used to main Caustic until he was nerfed into the ground. I main Fuse and Valkirie now
Message 11 of 22 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marge010 #1. Lifeline is everyone's first Legend so some of your teammates might be relatively new and pick her because she's familiar.

#2. Teammates don't always take advantage of her heal drone so I personally don't think of using it unless I'm reviving someone as well.

#3. Players disagree on when to go for a revive. Just because she can always revive doesn't mean she should.

#4. Sometimes you end up with a Legend you didn't intend to pick or don't pick often so you forget to use their abilities.

#5. Some players are just dumb/selfish.

Message 12 of 22 (292 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Marge010 There are only two LL players out there. Total noobs or those loyal sweaty LL mains with thousands of kills. There’s no in between.
Message 13 of 22 (290 Views)

@hayhor In ranked and comp. play I can see loba being useful. But in PUBS and medium skill level lobbies she's just not needed most of the time.

I agree in the Diamond+ lobbies, she would come in clutch when we were holding down a building or something. But for the most part I prefer LL mains on my team in pubs.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 22 (278 Views)

Champion
@heme725 Exactly. I believe people have high expectations of lifelines to always be near them to coddle them like children by healing and instant rezing them. Unfortunately that's not how most matches play out.
Message 15 of 22 (266 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor I expect lifelines to drop their drone after we've just killed a squad, we're looting deathboxes and I'm stood there with no health saying I need health and punching lifeline 10 times saying I need health over and over again. At that point I would expect some help from my teammate.
Message 16 of 22 (247 Views)

★★ Pro

Why did 3 of my random Octane players today stim and jump pad as far away from the team to loot everything before we get there, never look back and continue on a forward push to their own demise just to spam the ping button after being knocked going against 3 enemies then swear and yell and exit? Why do ppl pick Octane if they don't know how to use him? Genuine question. 

Why do some of my random Loba teammates drops their ultimate's grab their two items and then close the ultimate before I can grab anything? Why do ppl use Loba if they don't know how to use her? Genuine question. 

Why do some of my Valk random teammates when we are trapped way out in storm, not use her ult to get us out of storm and into a better position....instead just runs the entire way. Why do ppl pick Valk if they don't know how to use her? General question. 

Why do some of my random pathy teammates not use the zipline when its time to push, or escape or gain high ground? Why do ppl use pathy if they don't know how to use him? General question. 

I can use one with every single legend. Do you notice a trend here? There will always be those that either just can't grasp concepts, understand the fullest potential of a legend or critical think, multitask or problem solve. I sure everyone on this forum has someone in their line of work that fits the same. Unfortunately, they also play video games.  : ) 

All we can do is educate and hope for the best.  

Message 17 of 22 (226 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@NickBeam27 They were my next posts. This one is just about lifeline. Check the title
Message 18 of 22 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Marge010Perhaps their drone was used just before and on cooldown?

Also punching a teammate may make them not do what you want. Depending on the situation if you punch me I leave.

Message 19 of 22 (194 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

This thread inspired my to play a game with LL and I’ve never tried her new buffs outside of the firing range. The tactical is so much better now with the increased range but her ult is still useless except for making an unbreakable cover in open areas. I think I made some decent revives and a clutch rez with a gold bag but unfortunately didn’t grab the W for the team.

07474F3F-96D7-47BF-B52B-DF9E3F2AE3CE.jpeg

Message 20 of 22 (176 Views)