Re: I don't understand why players pick Lifeline??

by KelRiever

Original Post

I don't understand why players pick Lifeline??

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've mentioned this ages ago but it seems to be happening a lot more recently.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a teammate that chose lifeline and knew how to use her abilities. They never use the health drone and rarely revive downed teammates. 

Every time I have no health, I'm stood right next to lifeline, I use my character comms to say I need health but still they don't use the drone? 

Can anyone tell me why players choose Lifeline if they don't use or know how to use the character? Why not choose another character? If they want a small character they can use wraith or Octane. I really don't get it?!

Message 1 of 22 (605 Views)

Champion
@Marge010 Because they enjoy pinging Mozambique and complaining about their underpowered character. #sarcasm
Message 2 of 22 (601 Views)

★★ Expert
@Marge010 Why do anyone play a character they can't play? Why do my 2 Octanes and 2 Pathfinders go for A when they can move to B faster than me? People are generally just dogwater at this and most video games, plain and simple.
Message 3 of 22 (580 Views)

Champion
@CCbathwater Well put. Every character in this game can be used well and used poorly.
Message 4 of 22 (576 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's a genuine question. Why do people pick Lifeline if they're not going to use her abilities at all? Fair enough with other characters but why lifeline?

Message 5 of 22 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Marge010Why would you pick any character not to use the abilities? Some like her character, quips, etc. She is fairly small hitbox wise and she is an original character. So there are a lot of lifeline mains out there.

If memory serves you mained caustic but complained about his kit in the past. Why did you continue to play a character you thought was weak?

Message 6 of 22 (551 Views)

★★★ Expert

One upon a time, Lifeline was awesome.   But Respawn has been power creeping, and more and more she's slid on the list.  I really don't think Respawn is going to make her better.

Having said that, at least she's still fun to play.

Message 7 of 22 (518 Views)

@Marge010 She's not terrible if you get a gold back pack on her.

She also pairs up nicely with Wattson and a team that plays for positioning or more defensively. I'll take a LL main over a Loba main. The LL healing drone and revive does more for the squad than Loba's ult IMO.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 22 (511 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex I'll take a loba every single day. Her ult timer is so short you can use it to pull all kinds of stuff playing a defensive game. This is why she is used at the highest level of the game and lifeline is not.
Message 9 of 22 (480 Views)

★★ Guide

@Marge010 Similarly, I have to tell other lifelines to open extended supply bins. It is sometimes pivotal for fights, and gives better things as time goes on.

I do think the care package could use a buff, where the algorithm allows for a red armor drop after people have purples/golds. The recent buffs to give batteries and phoenix kits are much appreciated, though.

Message 10 of 22 (475 Views)