Re: I don't like the look of this...

by MassiveVernon

Original Post

I don't like the look of this...

★★ Pro

Warning: This post is not for those who get offended by breathing. You have been warned...

Looking at some leaks, and even though none of this is certain, I feel like it might be...

I'm talking about a certain characters heirloom that was leaked in the files, and apparently they changed it to something that doesn't suit their character at all. Now, I'm not gonna mention this character, because I don't want to. But the reason they're changing the heirloom is because of certain in real world events. Now, I can say that I will support the removal of some things, like references to mass murders (idk what games have them but its an example okay?) but removing a part of a character, and replacing it with something that wouldn't suit them, just because some people got offended, is dumb. It would kind of be like removing a certain characters voice line because a group of people thought it was a racist insult even though it wasn't. Not saying anything...

If you disagree with me, then fine. If you say 'but censorship is okay!' then I don't respect your opinion, and urge you to change your mind, but I can't and won't do anything about it. But I think you would agree with me that removing something essentially harmless because some people got offended from it because it was similar to some things is a bad idea, and will encourage people who were actually using it for bad to do something about it. Don't let them win.

To Respawn: I feel like this is the beginning. First the voice line, then the heirloom. What's next? My advice: Make the game you want to make, and make it however you want. Don't let the soft people who get offended ruin your game, it's characters, and its personality. Don't become political like other games. Be Apex, not APolitical front (See the joke I made there? Pretty funny.)

Also, if you're here, would you kindly revert the Mirage nerf. Please. 

ALSO PUT THE DEVOTION IN THE CARE PACKAGE

Message 1 of 36 (719 Views)

★★ Pro
@CrazyPlays54 Presume it’s caustic your on about , what was the heirloom going to be and what is it allegedly changed to?

Whatever though it’s just a business model isn’t it , ‘cover all bases’ . That way there’s no chance anyone does get offended and has any grounds to launch a legitimate complaint (which is a lot easier in today’s climate with people being offended by everything and anything) . It’s like how almost every game posted a BLM message a while back - if they didn’t then there would always be the chance they could get called out for not supporting it which is worse for business than a few people getting annoyed and pointing out the obvious that it’s just a shallow participation to avoid said problem , regardless of beliefs and circumstances.

Just do your best to ignore it , try separate politics from your own gaming experience and understand that as I said above , they have to assess and control damage - preferably before it happens to save business face
Message 2 of 36 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@MassiveVernonIts bangs heirloom bro

Message 3 of 36 (692 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaleWWilson95 So what’s it changed from and to ?
Message 4 of 36 (690 Views)

★★ Pro
@MassiveVernon From like a police baton to like a dagger apparently dude
Message 5 of 36 (685 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaleWWilson95 Well there we go , point from above still stands then haha
Message 6 of 36 (681 Views)

★★ Pro
@MassiveVernon I agree dude imo it should be changed with whats going on in the world... right heirloom, wrong time for release
Message 7 of 36 (677 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaleWWilson95 Exactly. and even if that’s not the companies true beliefs - it’s still the right business decision
Message 8 of 36 (674 Views)

★ Expert

It's a game. It's frivolous. There are more important aspects of life to get worked up about.

I don't care if when Rev gets his heirloom it's a teddy bear. It's only pixels.

Message 9 of 36 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EdwardDLuffyA beheaded care bear would suit him.

Message 10 of 36 (652 Views)