I did get my account back. There is Hope.

by xTS98x

Original Post

I did get my account back. There is Hope.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

On January 14th my Apex Legends account was hacked and banned. 22nd of February, I got it back. I just have some advice for those who were wrongfully banned after they were hacked. 

1. If you are legit, they will unban you. 

2. The response time was a little poor but multiple people (forums and EA Advisers alike) said that there was a massive back log at this time. From what I can gather, hackers went on a little bit of a spree these Christmas/new years holidays. You're gunna get angry ( I certainly did) but please don't take it out on people.

3. My case wasn't looked at for nigh on 3 weeks then I was suddenly given back my account. Multiple e people have said that if the account is marked "in progress" but the time stamp hasn't updated; it means that they're are doing their investigation.

4. I got really worried around the 2 week mark of my case not being looked at so I figured out how to get into contact with EA Advisers about it. Made a new case but instead of going through the "banned suspended accounts" option, I chose "hacked Account". This gave me a live chat option. I didn't have to wait anymore the 10 to 15 minutes to talk with someone. The first guy lied to me about when my case would  be ready but the second guy escalated my case and made it a priority . I was gunna give them two weeks after I heard this before getting back into contact but they fixed it a week later.

5. When they did unban me, they didn't send an email in regards to the ban, they sent an "We noticed suspicious activity in your account so we reset your password." email. Follow the instructions for resetting you password as I think you have to reset it to regain access to the account. A few people have said this.

6. PUT A TWOFACTOR AUTHNTICATION ON EVERYTHING. I check my EA Data regularly and its still showing people trying to hack in.

7. Speaking of EA Data, make sure you download that as soon as you realise you've been hacked. Open it in the notepad and scroll until you find the login attempts. This will show you when and where you're being hacked from. At least, it will show you where they vpn'd to. Screenshot it and add it to your evidence pile. This is very valuable. 

8. Only make the one case about the ban under the "banned/ suspended accounts" option. Making multiple under that option will set you back. 

This is all I can think of in advice right now. Thankyou to EA Help for getting this done. 

I hope y'all get your accounts back soon.  <3

Message 1 of 2 (217 Views)

Re: I did get my account back. There is Hope.

@xTS98x Congrats! Make sure you have two factor authentication enabled and use strong passwords!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (190 Views)