Re: I'd ask for my money back, but it's too late.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I'd ask for my money back, but it's too late.

★★★★ Novice

I don't even know where to start, but honestly I can't get my money back at this point so I just as well * about it.

#1 Going to 64vs64:  I don't care what your favorite spec in the game is.  Quality infantry play has been made totally irrelevant due to the zerglike nature of the game.  This isn't going away obviously, because the size of the maps mandate the amount of players etc, but any significant plays that are made on an individual level are quickly wiped out by happenchance tom * and harry wandering around not even playing the * objective.  It's not a rewarding game, and for that, it is stupid.

#2 Vehicle Access:  If you guys were going to make this such a hero/class based system, you could have at least made a pilot class and given some extra percs as far as vehicle abilities or reduced cooldowns on the respawns.  Vehicle cooldown timers and general access is atrocious.  If I wanted to play call of duty and get an occasional * killstreak cooldown on vehicles, I would play that game.  The vehicle access issue as far as the cooldowns is concerned is made even worse by the  64 player count.  Too much demand.  If I'm in a tank and I'm good at and I know what to do, why the * am I getting this cooldown timer so someone else can steal my * that my team actually wants me doing?  Probably has something to do with the "Fair and equitable" statement the game shows on initial launch.  I thought about requesting my refund the second I saw that.  No doubt half the issues in the game exist due to developers that don't know the history, or what the playerbase wants or expects and are largely there to fill some kind of diversity quota.  Applause.   Ya'll laid a *.

#3 Hacking: On the rare occasion when the AA alarms actually are making sense it's a real sweet deal to get somehow hacked and totally rendered defenseless even on the retreat.  Whoever coded this * up needs their * kicked out the door and never allowed in the industry again.  No way to defend from this *, and with 64 potential mouth breathers with AA missiles on their shoulder, air is basically a free kill at zero skill or effort.

#4 Below radar:  Apparently all the people who realized below radar was a useful and necessary part of the previous battlefield games either couldn't stand the current rack of new * hires that coded this *, or they were fired for having too much common sense.  It's absolutely necessary to be brought back.  If you wanted to leave hacking in as is and have it be unaffected by below radar, that would at least make some sense. 

#5 Dropping vehicles on top of towers that are objectives: I don't really feel like I need to go in depth on this.  Make the tops of the buildings invalid drop spots.  Alternatively, allow the rocket pods on the aircraft to do some real damage to the vehicles and not require two passes and 2 full volley's worth of impacts to take a tank down.  Holy *, did everyone from BF3 actually quit the dev team or are you all this *?  Volley upon  volley pounded into these vehicles, no points rewarded other than 10 for a partial disable, which really isn't even a factor, only to be followed up by a bunch of stingers from infantry that notice the heli that has to stay above target so long it becomes a cakewalk easy target.  Wow this is fun. 

tldr EA is a piece of * company that ruined another title and Dice * blew it.

Message 1 of 3 (277 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @justabad when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Further threads like this will result in action being taken as while we welcome feedback, we ask that it be in a polite and constructive manner.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@justabad "Alternatively, allow the rocket pods on the aircraft to do some real damage to the vehicles and not require two passes and 2 full volley's worth of impacts to take a tank down.  Holy *, did everyone from BF3 actually quit the dev team or are you all this"

Lol, yes thankfully, however if you want to easily dominate tanks just unlock the homing missiles.

You'll have no problems taking out tanks, it's pretty much back to BF3 easy mode.
Message 2 of 3 (272 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @justabad when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

Further threads like this will result in action being taken as while we welcome feedback, we ask that it be in a polite and constructive manner.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 3 (208 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help