I could just scream at EA help

by jdbassjr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I could just scream at EA help

★★★ Apprentice
My Steam copy Andromeda quit working once I switched from Origin to EA.

I understand what is wrong but I cannot seem to get EA help to understand.

The solution is simple. They need to add a Steam Version of Andromeda to the EA App and it will probably work fine. So when I start up the Steam version of Andromeda it will connect to the Steam version on EA.

I have a EA version of Andromeda on the EA App and I think they keep confusing the two. They actually are separate. I own a EA version and a Steam version of the game.

This has been going on for about 2 weeks. They keep asking me to do stupid stuff. Tonight was connectivity issues they want me to solve. There is no connectivity issues. The following prove that.

I have a Steam version of Dragon Age Inquisition and on EA there is a Steam version and it works just fine.

I have a Epic version of Battlefront II and on EA there is a Epic version and it works just fine.

I just cannot get it through their thick heads what needs to be done.
Message 1 of 11 (1,143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I could just scream at EA help

★★★ Apprentice

EA Help sent me a link to Origin which I download and installed on this PC.

I can go to Steam and run Andromeda from there now when running Origin. I don't need to access the executable directly to play the game.

My missing games have showed up "including one EA game I purchased from EA and I do not have copies on any other platform."

The problem has always been the EA app.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (973 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Today's help is another version of connectivity issue. Bullcrap.

My system runs fine and has no issues.

The problem is the EA app.

I paid for a Steam version of Andromeda and it is not showing up on EA. It worked on Origin, it does not work on EA.

I paid for a EA version of Andromeda and it is there and works just fine. 

My other Steam games that are on EA work just fine.

Message 2 of 11 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The SAGA continues.

Brought up EA app today. Here are the changes.

My version of EA Andromeda is missing.

I have a new version of Steam Andromeda. That is good but it fails to launch on EA and the Steam version has the same problem.

I am missing EPIC version of Battlefront II Celebration Edition.

I have a new version (I think) of Battlefront II Celebration Edition from Steam and it does work. Gained one and lost one.

I am waiting on Steam version of Battlefront Ultimate Edition of install on Steam to see if it works. Well it did not launch on EA app.

I am going backwards. Now both versions I had of Andromeda are either missing or do not work. EA Help at its finest.

Message 3 of 11 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The SAGA continues...

I went back to my old backup computer which still has Origin on it. I closed down EA app and started up Origin and "I saw" my missing games on it. I started up Andromeda on EA and it started right up. I went to Steam and started up Andromeda and it started right up.

EA app is a problem child...

Message 4 of 11 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The SAGA continues.

I have 18 games on Origin. I have 14 games on EA. I guess it is called new math.

Here is a temporary solution till EA fixes their crappy App.

All you got to do is go into the Steam folder for Mass Effect Andromeda.

Right click on MassEffectAndromeda.exe and manually create a shortcut.

Move that shortcut to your desktop and click. The game will run.

DO NOT CREATE the shortcut through steam. You will have the same results and Andromeda will not run.

I have passed this on to EA Help. Though I doubt it will do any good.

Message 5 of 11 (1,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Only 14 games in my EA App.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 074331.png

18 Games in my Origin App.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 074012.jpg

Message 6 of 11 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Pro

It’s because the EA App only show one copy of your game, and it is always the steam version. If you look on your screen you see that EA App miss: Mass Effect Andromeda(origin), Jedi Fallen Order(Origin), Battle Front 2 (Epic) and Battlefront (Origin)

Logical I think the issue is here that EA App shows only the steam version but still tried to open the origin version, because of this your work-a-round work and the app can open the correct version which she wants to load. But because of this I am sure that you don’t get any steam achievement with it because it loads the *origin* Version and not the steam version. (Please correct it if I am wrong here)

Testing:

Spoiler
I test it with two friends, my friend which two copies of the same product (Steam + Origin) have issue with the app. My other friend created a new EA-Account as EA got back on steam. So he always only had steam-copies on his app (He never had EA Play/Pro). He has not a single issue with the new app. I have issue too because I unlinked my account, but it was never unlinked correct and since the last update EA App want to start my games with the steam version. (I am sure I can solve this issue if I would link my account again with the same steam account. But for now, I use origin because origin have two copies(Steam + Origin version) of my game, and I can start it there with the correct copy)

EA Help cannot help there and really if I talk again with a support member from EA, then only for the request to delete my account. The first support guy was okey, but they which i got after him ... no thank,I get more help if I talk with a chicken, especially if it is a beautiful chicken.

I would recommend using Origin as long you can:  Downloading and installing Origin (Windows and Mac) - Answer HQ (ea.com) you can have origin and EA APP on your PC as long you start only one version. Best solution only uses EA APP for games which only run with EA APP.

Message 7 of 11 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA Help sent me a link to Origin which I download and installed on this PC.

I can go to Steam and run Andromeda from there now when running Origin. I don't need to access the executable directly to play the game.

My missing games have showed up "including one EA game I purchased from EA and I do not have copies on any other platform."

The problem has always been the EA app.

Message 8 of 11 (974 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for contacting EA Help, my name is @@@@, and I hope you're doing well.

Upon reviewing your case, I've gathered that you have contacted us regarding missing game after switching origin to EA app. I will help you in all possible ways.

Please let me share that, It's an ongoing issue as other players from across the globe are also reporting the same. We want to get this fixed as swiftly as possible.

The good news is we are actively working on investigating this for everyone that is affected. As of this moment, due to the unforeseen nature of this, I don't have an estimated time or specifics for a fix.

Please download the Origin Legacy version in order play the game.

https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy

Please let us know if this works for you. You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus.

Happy gaming and please stay safe.

Thank you once again for contacting EA Help.

Message 9 of 11 (967 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the link!  Uninstalled the EA app, it's not ready for prime time.  I play ME Andromeda, mostly, and not being able to invite someone to the MP game or join a game in progress is a deal breaker.

Message 10 of 11 (855 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help