Re: I cant continue to play properly until leavers are sorted

by handsupdonthack

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@RockScorpion384, wait first you say you can't continue to play properly, but then someone makes a valid point from their pov as a 'leaver' and you say 'then this isnt the game for you is it'? Weird don't you think. I really want to see what you have to say when/if there's gonna be a solo/duo mode regarding your 'Apex is a squad BR game, there is no going solo' XD.

@Spock1g is right on the money, if I get downed and see that my teammates are a bunch of worthless randoms I leave immediately. You can see that by what they do in the first few seconds after you touched down or marked that an enemy is nearby, by their banner or how they play. It's way faster just to get into a new match and hope for reliable/better teammates than to wait for the previous ppl who run away when you get downed for instance.

@Kreahke, I have seen alot of ppl leaving mid or even endgame. It's not even about worthless teammates, cause I've done that too actually. I die mid/endgame and know how my team plays, I leave. I've won more than enough of time since the conjuring of this game. I don't care about wins or exp so if I've witnessed my teammates sucking hard, I just leave. If I know they'll provide me with fun watching material I stay. The main reason people leave is due to incompetent teammates, they wanting to play again or they have no trust in their team.
Message 11 of 22 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Koochi-Q dont you love when you ping enemies nearby and notice 30s later that they gotten even 
MORE spread out...sometimes i like to watch my teammates pov when they sit in the corner hiding from the fight as the last guy remains one shot...then gets the rez on both his downed teammates then they all heal while my guy is STILL in the corner. now the enemy is looting our boxes fully healed and he decides...THIS is when i should go for it..AFTER they rezzed and healed up...crouch walks right towards them and doesnt even get a shot off....

Message 12 of 22 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@apexistrash08, Wait... that actually happends?! They try and go for the kill? Sir/Madam... you have had the golden squad! When I didn't immediately leave each game and I observed them I always saw this: I die -> they run away -> one tm8 sees another advancing towards an enemy (either presumably going to fight or he saw some loot and headed back a bit) -> sees one or multiple enemies -> runs away even further -> gets shot in the back from a distance -> keeps running in a straight line (XD) -> Dies -> other teammate is two high loot areas further...

This usually happends in first 2 mins tho... I've had your situation happen mid game tho. If that happends I just unmute my mic and start saying that they're all low! Just the other day me and a buddy downed a couple of guys but got flanked but he was quite low. Last teammate only had to 1/2 shot him... guy is cowering behind some objects relatively close to my body... he sees the enemy less than 9 feet away... enemy sees him cowering... he gets 5 shots off (with a G7) at the enemy... all missed. Enemy destroys him...

Message 13 of 22 (369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

... Dleted

Message 14 of 22 (365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I leave every single game if I get thirsted early game.  There is no benefit to sticking around.  Nobody talks, everyone spreads out.  If I am not playing with friends, then I am essentially playing solo.  Forcing people together, who have never played together, or even spoken to each other, and expecting some kind of positive experience is laughable.  Unknown squads is a * show 8 times out of 10. 

Message 15 of 22 (356 Views)

★ Pro

all I hear is little kids crying because there not getting what they want. Just play the dam game who cares if your teammates leave don't listen run off some where. just play until you die??? did it cost you 25 cents to play? You guys make it sound like its the end of the world if your teammate doesn't do what you say.

Message 16 of 22 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Unexepected support for a 2 month old post 😂 but thanks anyways guys.

As an update to the original post, I havent logged into the game since i made that post. It just wasnt worth my time and effort to try and play the game as was intended (they didnt add the respawn mechanic just for people to leave before you can use it) just for certain people to ruin that experience for me. Its a shame, I really enjoyed the way the game played.

This was the first BR that i actually enjoyed specifically because of its squad mechanics. Im not really a solo carry player by nature but instead tend towards supporting my teammates and thats exactly what i could do in apex. I didnt have to be some god at aiming to do well, i could just support the other 2 players and that would win us games. Its just unfortunate that another game is ruined by its players.

Its a shame to see a game that had so much hype around its launch and built such a large player base, crash and burn. Its no surprise to me that players are leaving so rapidly, i specifically said this would happen if nothing was done to solve the key issues with the game in my original post.

I still have hope though. After the lackluster launch of season 1, with an embarassing offer of tacky rewards, season 2 is promising to be substantially better. The amount of support this game has gotten since has been amazing. Core issues like hitboxes and balance have been fixed and are will continue to get better with time. Plus i heard there was a potential leaver penalty being tested. If this sort of stuff continues to be implemented it may bring me back.

But until then, good luck out there legends 

Message 17 of 22 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@RockScorpion384 

Why don't you join a Clan and problem solved!  Wink

Hmm

Message 18 of 22 (305 Views)

★★★★ Novice
imma be honest, if this game wasn't for those who want a solo mode and not have to wait for others, then this game would be as dead as Block 'n Load (at least last I heard)
Message 19 of 22 (293 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I PUG and that we had a good match usually people add me as their friend and we continue to group. Although yes, many do leave the group or I find we only have 2 people in the group way too many times. For a game that has so many playing you would think a group of 3 would be easy to match make for.

Message 20 of 22 (283 Views)