I cannot purchase an expansion for Sims 3

by DittoPanda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot purchase an expansion for Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Any expansion I try to buy it says 'You already have all games in this order' I didn't used to have this problem. What is going on?

Message 1 of 5 (536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot purchase an expansion for Sims 3

Community Manager

Hey @DittoPanda, that was a bug that some users encountered earlier this year but it was quickly fixed.

Can you please go ahead an ensure that your Origin is fully up to date. 

You can find the information on how to update Origin here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-install-update-origin/ 

Origin is designed to keep itself up-to-date. This means when you log in to Origin, it’ll automatically update to the newest version.

If you have Origin running when a new update launches, it will not automatically update. Instead, just exit out and restart it to begin the update.

HOT TIP: If you ever have a problem upgrading to the latest version of Origin, you can download and install the newest version from origin.com.

Don’t want automatic updates? Turn them off by:

1. opening Application Settings,
  2. finding the Client update section, and
  3. toggling the Automatic game updates switch to Off.

Let me know if updating your Origin fixed the issue.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (508 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @DittoPanda, that was a bug that some users encountered earlier this year but it was quickly fixed.

Can you please go ahead an ensure that your Origin is fully up to date. 

You can find the information on how to update Origin here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-install-update-origin/ 

Origin is designed to keep itself up-to-date. This means when you log in to Origin, it’ll automatically update to the newest version.

If you have Origin running when a new update launches, it will not automatically update. Instead, just exit out and restart it to begin the update.

HOT TIP: If you ever have a problem upgrading to the latest version of Origin, you can download and install the newest version from origin.com.

Don’t want automatic updates? Turn them off by:

1. opening Application Settings,
  2. finding the Client update section, and
  3. toggling the Automatic game updates switch to Off.

Let me know if updating your Origin fixed the issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for responding! I bought the expansion through GameStop as a temporary fix yesterday, Updating Origin seemed to have fixed the issue and I am brought to a checkout screen when clicking on an expansion and not a false message. Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day

-DittoPanda

Message 3 of 5 (500 Views)

Community Manager

@DittoPanda Great to hear that it is fixed for you, enjoy the game and if you have any issues just ask.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (496 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same problem too, updating origin hasn't helped.

Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)