Re: I can’t play Apex Legends on my Xbox series S

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can’t play Apex Legends on my Xbox series S

★★★★ Novice

Hey, I have a problem, every time I try to log in to apex legends on my Xbox it lets me go into the menu for like 2 seconds then just kicks me sending this error message. I searched and found other people had this problem, some of the solutions offered were changing your gamer pic to default instead of a custom, erasing the saved data from my profile, clearing my MAC address, unplugging and plugging my router and console. I have tried every single one of these and still get the same error every time, anyone else have another idea?

Message 1 of 13 (5,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Rif.: I can’t play Apex Legends on my Xbox series S

★ Guide
@EmiEdgar Hi, this error usually happens in the PCs and it means that one of the Libraries in the game is missing. Now, since you say you play on a console, I suggest cleaning the console's cache first.

Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console, once the console has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console.

Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One.

The HDMI cable and other connections can remain plugged in.

Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox and the electrical socket.

Wait another minute pass. If you're using an Xbox One watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangle).

Once the white light turns orange, you can turn the console back on.

If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.

Try to launch the game after that.

I suspect the problem you are having is due to a library file corrupted somewhere. The extreme solution is to uninstall the game, clean the cache again, and install it again.

Hope it helps!

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (5,906 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
@EmiEdgar I think the image doesn’t display properly, the error says:
Error reading pak file “R:Vassests/11/promo/dl_promo_2021_04_29.rpak” — Error: Short read
Message 2 of 13 (5,935 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EmiEdgar Redownloading maybe.
Message 3 of 13 (5,921 Views)

★ Guide
@EmiEdgar Hi, this error usually happens in the PCs and it means that one of the Libraries in the game is missing. Now, since you say you play on a console, I suggest cleaning the console's cache first.

Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console, once the console has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console.

Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One.

The HDMI cable and other connections can remain plugged in.

Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox and the electrical socket.

Wait another minute pass. If you're using an Xbox One watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangle).

Once the white light turns orange, you can turn the console back on.

If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.

Try to launch the game after that.

I suspect the problem you are having is due to a library file corrupted somewhere. The extreme solution is to uninstall the game, clean the cache again, and install it again.

Hope it helps!

Message 4 of 13 (5,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Mar_Serenitatis Thank you!!!
Message 5 of 13 (5,885 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Koochi-Q I think that could had worked as well, I was able to play it again with the other option, thanks for the help anyway!
Message 6 of 13 (5,884 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EmiEdgar Less bandwidth use is always better. Luckily that method worked Wink

Have fun
Message 7 of 13 (5,874 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q XBox sucks, PS all the way 🥳
Message 8 of 13 (5,850 Views)

★★★★★ Expert