Re: I can't install a game I own even though I can prove it

by BenignSnail

Original Post

I can't install a game I own even though I can prove it

★★★ Novice

I have already contacted support and they directed me to here. I have my sims medieval disk and serial code but no registration code. I remember registering it to an old origin account but it does not show up when I log in and I do not want to merge them anyway. Is there any way I can still play my game? The computer it was on is lost and had died. Buying it again seems a bit excessive. 

Message 1 of 7 (509 Views)

Champion

@BenignSnail , do you remember your sign on to your other Origin account? If so, you will need to sign in on that account and install the game from there. I'm afraid there is very little we can do here other than to help with the actual installation of the game. 

The only other thing you can try is to register the game on your current Origin account if it doesn't show up on your old one.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I can't register because the register code is missing and a lot of my games are missing from my other origin ID even though I registered them. I don't think anyone will have the answer on here but the EA Help told me to post it here so I did.

Message 3 of 7 (470 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My bad, the EA help told me to post this on bugs/feedback, does anyone have the authority to move it?

Message 4 of 7 (451 Views)

Champion

@BenignSnail , I can have it moved for you. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (421 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey there @BenignSnail  I hope you are well. 

If your games are not showing in the Origin library and the filter in the My games library is clear it means you have logged in on the wrong account. Try to see if you can remember your other account details and try to log in and if that failed I recommend that you reach back to EA support.

When it comes to forgotten account details or missing games it's not something we can help with on the forum as it requires personal information and this is a public forum.

I will be moving over the post to Origin questions. This is not a bug or tech issue.

/Atic

Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for moving, I believe it was meant to be in bugs/feedback for the feedback side. The issue is not the account, I have those details the game just never registered correctly so it is missing and although I have the disk and serial number, I can't play which is frustrating for a limited edition game. I know you are a public forum and I appreciate the support. The issue is EA and I was told to leave feedback here by a help center employee (I am aware you can't help).

Message 7 of 7 (347 Views)