Re: I can't believe all of this whining about SBMM.

by cr41g1690

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@eniteTo prove my point, did you not see the pic i posted? Tell me these are your everyday lobbies...

Message 11 of 53 (587 Views)

★ Guide
@DarthValtrex It's hilarious how many people still play even though SBMM "ruined it" for them. Several streamers went on strike and stopped playing Apex and they supposedly weren't going to play again until it is changed. What they didn't count on was the fact that their viewers would drop as well. Most of the ones I watch have gone back to playing Apex.
Message 12 of 53 (580 Views)

@enite I’d argue that most of the people complaining are not as good as they think. They had inflated stats from before SBMM and are finding out they are not the hot stuff they thought they were. Now that they don’t have easy targets and easy lobbies.. toss in that their inflated stats put them into lobbies they don’t belong in. That or they are the lower end of the lobbies they are going into..

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 53 (571 Views)

★ Guide
@Gabrielmojo26 I have seen some players like that, and I am only Platinum going for diamond. The difference is I don't care. I play whoever is in the lobby. Most of the time I am not even looking up when they are showing the Champion squad. Players with 20K kills can get it just like players with 20 kills.

I hate that it's not fun for you anymore, but keep playing and you will get better. This is a BR game, you don't have to have the most kills to win.
Message 14 of 53 (567 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@enite People seem to be playing vs a magical mental barrier that leads them to believe everything is against them, I just focus 100% on me if lose my fault win good on me, think the complainers put the bad odds down to other factors and don't even consider it could be them.
Message 15 of 53 (558 Views)

★ Expert
@enite I’m at 90 wins for season 3, wins aren’t the issue here.
Message 16 of 53 (556 Views)

@Gabrielmojo26 I'm in the 100+ range... I do read your post and get what you're trying to say. But I've tried to explain to you that it's not practice for lower skill players to just get slaughtered. If they don't have a chance to shoot back or do anything, they can't gain experience and learn.

Message 17 of 53 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@DarthValtrexAnd i’ve tried to explain to you that ranked serves that purpose to noobs by placing them with respective noobs so they can learn through progression if that’s what they prefer.

Message 18 of 53 (526 Views)

@Gabrielmojo26 I understand why you would think that. But ranked intimidates most low skill players. It's also not terribly difficult to climb ranked because the point system is not really based on skill until you get into about Platinum and want to climb higher. You can literally climb through gold up into platinum by camping your way to positive RP and conflict avoidance.

Message 19 of 53 (524 Views)

@enite perfect summary. It is largely ego driven. If people don't get 10+ kills and 1500+ damage, they don't have fun because their precious ego can't handle it.
Message 20 of 53 (509 Views)