I bought two copies of a game. Could I redeem 2nd key and gift it to a friend?

by savePinball

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I bought two copies of a game. Could I redeem 2nd key and gift it to a friend?

★★ Novice

I bought two copies of a game. Could I redeem the 2nd key and gift it to a friend or would it remove the key since I already own it?

Message 1 of 3 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I bought two copies of a game. Could I redeem 2nd key and gift it to a frien

★ Pro

Depends how you purchased them. If via Origin digitally, they are already bound to your account (not sure if it is even possible to buy the same thing twice). If retail copies or otherwise unclaimed keys, you can do as you wish with the other key.

Key point being: as long as the key isn't attached to any EA account already you can give it away.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (532 Views)

All Replies

Re: I bought two copies of a game. Could I redeem 2nd key and gift it to a frien

★ Pro

Depends how you purchased them. If via Origin digitally, they are already bound to your account (not sure if it is even possible to buy the same thing twice). If retail copies or otherwise unclaimed keys, you can do as you wish with the other key.

Key point being: as long as the key isn't attached to any EA account already you can give it away.

Message 2 of 3 (533 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, I didn't mention that the keys were both Retail keys in my question.
That's all I needed to know thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)