I am having a really hard time killing people in game

by pale_rider4

Original Post

Re: I am having a really hard time killing people in game

★★★★ Novice

Does anyone here have a clan or know how to get hooked up with one to have some people to run with

Message 21 of 38 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's just me or EA actually lower BF2042 TTK's with their latest updates, every anti vehicles gadget feel like stone trebuchet, EMP granade now hit and miss, and don't forget annoying reload animations!

Message 22 of 38 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

According to high rated players, what is most important in 2042 is your positioning.

To be at the right place to maximize your advantage over the enemies

I would like to share 3 videos that might be useful in terms of general gameplay advice

The forum is absolutely refusing to let me display them in the right order but 2 of them are a 2 part series

Message 23 of 38 (441 Views)

★★ Expert
@pale_rider4 Let me start with the question: How familiar are you with first person shooters?
I personally believe that you need to establish a certain level of battlefield (battle zone) awareness. So you need to enter a certain state of mind.
This is something that only develops gradually.
So I prefer modes that condense the area I need to worry about. For me that is Breakthrough 64. It offers you an idea about where is the enemy coming from, or where to expect enemies. It helps you to familiarize yourself with parts of the maps as well.
If you compare Breakthrough 64 to Conquest 128, the area you need to aware of in the latter case is far bigger.
This first has a lot to do with staying alive longer, to help you getting your xp and kills.
My aim is pretty bad, I concentrate on playing the objectives.
You write you mainly use SMG and LMG, I personally tend to always aim down sight, but I try to use SMG in hip shot configurations, and I tend to use LMG in bi pod configuration.
The usual engagement distances are vastly different. I believe TDM might be a mode to familiarize yourself best with weapon behavior.
Message 24 of 38 (424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing since they started   I’ve been playing BF since Bad Company. I also play COD.  I know cod and BF play differently. So I am familiar with first person shooters 

Message 25 of 38 (411 Views)

★★ Expert
@pale_rider4 Okay.
I usually use only a few different scopes on all weapons. Fusion Holo, Ghost Hybrid 1.5-4x are my go to scopes. There may be better choices, but these are available on a lot of weapons, and I usually ignore the weapons that don't. I usually also stick to my main configuration, unless I need a totally different behavior, like changing form an assault rifle from a burst or full-auto configuration to a semi-automatic long range configuration. Or a mid range suppressed bolt action rifle, to a long range configuration.
Your ping may influence your hit probability, especially when it varies a lot. My ping is pretty constant between 14-16ms.
But maybe I shouldn't give advise since my K/D is below 1 and I don't care about K/D
Message 26 of 38 (396 Views)

★★ Expert

@pale_rider4 wrote:

At range I am struggling to get hits. But med to long range I get hits but fail to drop people before they drop me.  

Have you gone into solo/co-op mode matches to unlock the attachments for the various weapons and vehicles? I find that while not perfect, it helps learn the lead times for the various weapons, ammo types, barrel lengths, etc as bullet velocity changes depending on some of the settings. 

Message 27 of 38 (378 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I can unlock attachments for guns playing bots?

Message 28 of 38 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@pale_rider4Up to T3

But that wont necessarily make you a better player with the upgraded weapon.  Bots do not act like players.  Bad habits can be developed.

Message 29 of 38 (346 Views)

★★ Expert

@pale_rider4 wrote:

So I can unlock attachments for guns playing bots?

You can unlock every attachment in the game against bots for vehicles and weapons. You can't get to tier2 or tier2 mastery, but those aren't required to get attachments.

I generally play a round or two of orbital breakthrough as Angel with a spawn beacon against bots whenever I get a new weapon or vehicle to get all/most of the items unlocked.

Message 30 of 38 (327 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help