I actually enjoyed last night against bots.

by StuckInAbyss69

Original Post

I actually enjoyed last night against bots.

★★★★ Novice

Do you know what? I actually enjoyed last night on 2042 co-op against bots because we were unable to find a game after about an hour of waiting and people who joined then left so on ... it reminded me of the good old days back first ever battlefields where you could play vs bots…. You know what was nice?.... There were no toxic people!

I find it sad how toxic gaming communities have become. Are we not here to enjoy ourselves and have fun? No matter the game?  I understand being constructive but come on there is no need for some of the stuff that's said these days. Is it because people are behind a keyboard so they think they can say and do what they want and think that's ok? 

Yes it needs a lot of work…. But I do think they did the right thing to bring the bots back and I actually think you should be able to make full progress with weapons fighting against bots…. Why are you probably going to ask? Well if i can't find a game how am i meant to level up? And in part then be on the same playing ground with others playing the game that was able to progress… 

Don't think this is by no means a pat yourselves on the back to the devs.

There is a lot more i wanted to say but could not get whats in my head down on writing so i'll be back no doubt.

Happy gaming all.

Message 1 of 14 (610 Views)

Re: I actually enjoyed last night against bots.

★★ Pro

@StuckInAbyss69 What platform do you play on?

Message 2 of 14 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Chief2GFD wrote:

@StuckInAbyss69 What platform do you play on?

Im on pc

Message 3 of 14 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I really enjoy the bots too. Sometimes they are better that human players.

Message 4 of 14 (585 Views)

★★ Guide
@StuckInAbyss69 I don't been getting all my vehivles/weapons to max offline progression, wish there was full progression and 64v64 bots available. Then there might be enough vehicles for me to get jet kills finally
Message 5 of 14 (566 Views)

★★★ Pro

@StuckInAbyss69 

My friends and I only had an interest in this game because of Portal. .....and that was mainly due to the ability to create our own PvE Experiences. We're not really into PvP in most games especially ones like this.  

We're all older players in our 50s, a little younger and some a little older. It's not that we don't like playing with or against other real players but we rarely have great experiences with randoms.  ....and in twitch like shooters with higher TTK, etc., we just don't have the patience or reflexes to keep up with those that spend all their time playing games like this. 

With Portal, we can create our own hardcore Experiences with low TTK, slower running speed, low regen, etc. We can tailor the difficulty and settings to our liking where it's still a challenge but also fun. 

Personally, I think the AI is fairly decent with the right settings. 

Message 6 of 14 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Kean_1111

I'm a tad younger at 27 and this sort of stuff I do. Mainly to make the game more realistic as such... Or if you want a change you can just switch it up something different to the extreme you can think off... I find normal game modes take far to long to kill someone but every will have there own opinion on that no doubt.... That's the joys of pve play it how you want! But it will be ruined no doubt 🤷🏻‍♂️... I really hope they build on the pve aspect...

Message 7 of 14 (536 Views)

★ Guide

I consider myself a casual and, yes, Portal leveling is the only real issue here for me.

I found a TDM Portal code that was editable, then went in and cranked up the AI bots as high as they could go. I play that session most times because I enjoy the maps better and I don't like the vehicles (I probably wouldn't mind them so much if I felt the recoiless and missile were more effective/powerful).

I'm on PS5 and don't crossplay and usually, once I start up a game, a few other players will join in.

It's rather sad that I have to do it this way but at least I find a match that I can enjoy at least a little. 

Message 8 of 14 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@GarfieldTehKat Yes!, this is exactly what I want too! Full progression and full size maps 64v64 in AOW solo/co-op. I know it’s not the popular way to play but I just don’t enjoy playing with others.
Message 9 of 14 (477 Views)

★★ Guide
@Rust111111 Yeah! And being able to have more than a team of 4, like if me and 10 people.just want to kill bots we should be able to in the same game
Message 10 of 14 (443 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help