I Would Like a More Localised Social Experience

by warslag

Original Post

Re: I Would Like a More Localised Social Experience

★★★ Expert

@warslag wrote:

Continental Europeans are completely used to being put together as a lot of the countries are tiny. Except for Germany and France who are in a similar situation to the UK. In the same way Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England would expect to be put together, so the continental European countries should also be grouped around Germany and France but separated from the UK. It makes perfect sense from the point of view of making it easy for players to find people to play with.

Please no, as a Dutchman, I would NOT want to be grouped with France of Germany over the UK.

My English is pretty much fluent and I ended up disabling voice comms in-game after being asked to speak French or German too many times.

France and Germany are literally the only countries world wide who don't want to conform to speak English online, games tend to offer German and French spoken voiceovers more than Spanish, which is pretty weird.

Message 11 of 15 (229 Views)

★★★ Expert
@warslag Sorry, I got it wrong.

Still, not convinced something like that would improve the experience. It would disadvantage those that are not from UK / english speaking countries, but are usually connected to that server. Then, playing with familiar people may encourage unfair collaboration between teams or enemy players to gain advantages.
Message 12 of 15 (221 Views)

Champion

Perhaps if it prioritised players native to where you are playing from, and then if for whatever reason it couldn't fill a game it then merges players in from the next nearest data centre to populate the lobby this could act as a solution.(I'm not the most tech savvy so i don't know if this would even be possible but just a thought)

Also not really relevant to the OP as such but adding a small pre game lobby before each match starts like pubg(except shorter)would be helpful to keep games fully populated also, this would minimize players being chucked into games 1 or 2 teammates down before shots are even fired.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 15 (209 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Continental Europeans are completely used to being put together as a lot of the countries are tiny. Except for Germany and France who are in a similar situation to the UK. In the same way Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England would expect to be put together, so the continental European countries should also be grouped around Germany and France but separated from the UK. It makes perfect sense from the point of view of making it easy for players to find people to play with.

Please no, as a Dutchman, I would NOT want to be grouped with France of Germany over the UK.

My English is pretty much fluent and I ended up disabling voice comms in-game after being asked to speak French or German too many times.

France and Germany are literally the only countries world wide who don't want to conform to speak English online, games tend to offer German and French spoken voiceovers more than Spanish, which is pretty weird.

Well, it's pretty ludicrous that Europeans who can speak English choose not to speak English because they don't want to mix with other Europeans on continental European servers.

But UK and Ireland players should be able to meet each other online in Apex on UK servers rather than also hosting the rest of Europe at the same time.

Obviously I realise this is a tricky problem but it's definitely a problem which exists and something should be done to help people connect with local players. The situation is extremely frustrating at the moment.

Message 14 of 15 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Dividing the servers in different data centers would help in my opinion: Europe/Asia/South America/NA + Canada (or whatever). 

This way every center will have its own servers that will be big (radius-wise) enough not too lack of players nor affect the MM! 

I used to play Combat Arms which used this set up and was pretty handy! 

Edit: in this case, ideally, having less choise between servers and less players in every data center (probabily also increasing the performances of the server itself) the experience will be better! 

Message 15 of 15 (163 Views)