Re: I Want Some Bomber Love!

by ghostmonk000

Original Post

I Want Some Bomber Love!

★ Novice

I am at heart a bomber, my grandfather was a tail gunner in a B52 super fortress in World War 2. It's something I'm into and I have to say I am disappointed in what I've seen in this game. As it stands now there is no reason to run bomber over fighter. The fighter's speed is way more favorable to the bombers durability and the risk/reward isn't there. The main issue is the cool down for the bombers is too damn SLOW! 10 seconds on most components . I need to be able to drop all my payload in one run making my slower speed and durability pay off. This would also give my attacker a choice, do I try to chip away at this bomber or so I try to shoot out the 4 or 5 torpedoes the pilot launched. I as a bomber player should be able to just overwhelm my target with missiles and torpedoes and this goes for fighters as well. Maybe there should be a targeting computer screen popping up and helping you target fighters, torrents, and  subsystems that reduces the cooldown and increases your range (think sniper rifle) but limits you movement and bottle necks your vision. All I can say is, Let the bombers bomb!

Also (maybe use this instead of) give us some cover. It's nice that the Y-wing has a ion cannon component but its kinda sucks. It has a cool down and has to be activated. Just give the ion cannon targeting to my droid and have it always on. If anything it would give me a heads up that someone is making a run on me. It would even be cannon to have a y-wing pilot have his astro R-whatever unit using the targeting computer to scan for incoming enemy targeting and protect the ship. And for everyone asking, "what about the TIE Bomber?". I say give them a activated micro missile barrage that works like an ino cannon when they take a hit. I just know if you are the slowest fighting craft you need someone watching your *, my Grandpa told me that.

Message 1 of 2 (489 Views)

Re: I Want Some Bomber Love!

★★ Guide

very true about the bomber. their whole game and novelty of the class mechanics and the Power system is thrown off at this point.

I just dont see a possibility of repairing without remastering the game.

=- Bombers should have thee fastest cooldowns and deployment, which is why the class suffers from speed limits to begin with, as a trade of weapons systems for engine systems. -=
So, I agree with the class dynamics you describe. Not tying to say they should have pathetic engines, its just the engines cant give it a speed resilience without expanded it into a cruiser size. This would make it an easy target and theres better cruisers that already can do this, but cant do these runs being so big and not able to get them to targets, also in numbers would take up the limited hanger capacities.

As for a gunner or auto turret feature fot he bombers.Like a mini Ion or laser turret is a possibility for both bombers and support class. Just put your weapons into OverCharge and the turrets come on and fire what is in OverCharge. But it just needs to be done right and a standard feature with cool downs or limited power and fire rates. really it needs its own button to switch on and off, as it would use your main weapons power system charge. The ony way to do that is to free a button like TurboBoosters and make it a CounterMearsures componet with timed cool down and recharge.

I wish there can be a reboot for this game. It had alot of potential. YES, the Targeting Computer is a sadly missed opportunity, as it could just drop down or expand from behind you to prop to a side in front of you. Like a aux <Tap Button> would fire the bomb and <HoldDown> would bring the Targeting Computer up.

I wouldnt go to too far into range of weapons, because you start overstepping the striker class. An range sensors would be good though. like the Barrage and bomber class should have heightened sensors. To whether it be range or faster targeting or even a multi sensor component. Something in this line* would create a better and more useful Bomber Class.

Message 2 of 2 (427 Views)