by ArchAngeL-PCX

Original Post

Re: I Opened 150 'Apex Legends' Loot Boxes And What I Got Was Disappointing

★★★★★ Expert
@Leo_the_Lion25 A calculative whale. How serendipitous. :D
Message 11 of 17 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yea, the guarantee because that was in place or at least said so since the beginning, but I’ve seen ppl saying they have not been getting a legendary every 30 packs but around 30.

I frankly never cared to actually look :P
Message 12 of 17 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

That's the luck of the draw...the nature of "surprise mechanics".  Surprise!  You got a bunch of stuff you don't want! lol!!!

Probably should have gotten a 5th Legendary though.  As others have said, I think minimum you are guaranteed 1 per 30 packs.  I don't recall that being an "average" either.  So you open 10 more packs and get 2 Legendaries, that give you 6 for 160 packs which averages to better than 1 per 30.  But again, I don't think that's how it works.

I've been playing Apex since day 1.  I spent on Apex packs 3 times last year that I recall:

• During launch month I gave them $70 for packs.  It was the money I was going to give Anthem, but we know how that turned out.  I do recall getting a Legendary crafting drop that helped me craft Wraith's 722 Legendary, and I got Mirage's Angel City Hustler Legendary.  But I was also opening apex packs while leveling, so I can't recall exactly how it played out.
  • I opened $40 or so early in season 3.  I remember being very pleased with this opening.  I got The Lost One skin for Hemlock, a cool Legendary banner for Octane, and some good crafting metals.  Highlight of the opening was the Flying Warhawk for Spitfire, a skin I had wanted since launch.
  • I bought the Black Friday bundles which was over 100 packs for discount prices...really didn't get much I wanted here at all other than a lot of crafting metals.  My Legendary drop rate was fine, but not stuff I liked.  This is the one time I regretted buying packs and haven't bought packs since.

Overall, I think I'm at my saturation point as far as whether the packs will give me something I want.  I'm good for skins.  And with the added packs for ranks in the December update plus if I do a season pass, I see no reason to buy more.

Message 13 of 17 (437 Views)

Champion
@xXCibberUniqe2Xx You should have gotten 5 legendary items. You got 4. My guess is you got one more you arent mentioning or one that was crafting metals. I have opened about 100 packs in the last week and gotten multiple legendary crafting metals.
Message 14 of 17 (524 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q Dude, I have 6 legendary Bang skins, and I NEVER play her!! I got 2 legendary skins in one freaking box (System Override)
Message 15 of 17 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Cracjaw450Lolz you almost got ‘em all XD. But same deal for me. I can’t stand her with a passion... when I saw the first legendary and maybe 5-10 lootboxes later the other I... well I opened up the 100+ packs because I was basically already saying goodbye to the game. Opening up those 2 towards the end was the game’s way of saying ‘here’s a screw off present je-rk’ (you cant say je-rk as one word? XD)

Message 16 of 17 (478 Views)

★ Novice
@hayhor yes lot of boxes are crafting metals lol
Message 17 of 17 (429 Views)