Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

I HATE PVP, but Here's My Idea - "The Battle Dome"

by Swiftless

Original Post

I HATE PVP, but Here's My Idea - "The Battle Dome"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Obviously this is one of THE hot topics and personally I'm not interested in PVP ruining my precious Anthem, but IF it does ever happen I had a creative little idea that could be interesting. 

The current Javelins were not created with PVP in mind right? The are balanced for PVE. WHAT IF the developers create a fifth completely separate Javelin ONLY playable in PVP matches. All players would be locked into using that jav and selecting from loadouts that feature a set of weapons balanced for and only usable in PVP. 

Lorewise I imagine there was a "battle dome" set up in some off-limits area where these black market javelins and weapons are used. People fill the arena to watch as these javelins battle it out for glory. It's viewed as an "under the radar" illegal sport. What happens in the "dome" stays in the dome. All illegally modded PVP javelins and weapons are required to stay in the dome so these operations aren't discovered (and so they don't interfere with our PVE amiright?Wink).

Anyways, I thought that could be a clever way to keep everything separate. Basically PVP players are limited to using these "black market" weapon loadouts and javelin balanced for use in the arena.

Message 1 of 13 (152 Views)

Re: I HATE PVP, but Here's My Idea

★ Guide

Pvp not only about the inevitable nerfing that will happen. Your idea still diverts attention and resources from PvE when PvPers have 1000 games to choose from and a new one every week. Not to mention you give a little they still not happy next they would want PvE rewards from PvP. Then they will complain about those rewards not being "fair" and want more. You want references to this exact phenomenon see world of warcraft vaniilla pvp in tauren mill allthe way up to arenas when pvpers got the first ever 310 flying mounts that had 0 use in pvp.

Message 2 of 13 (135 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Like I said previously, this would make a lot more sense if it was released as a whole separate title. Where maybe you play as outlaws vs outlaws in an arena, or outlaws vs sentinels, or whatever makes sense. Just so long as it’s separate.

Maybe they could make it so that you could use vinyls you have in either game if you have both, but you should have to buy the PvE only game to join PvE groups. For those primarily interested in PvP, trolling PvE players should not be a free added bonus.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 3 of 13 (130 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Gaeandilth1 wrote:

Pvp not only about the inevitable nerfing that will happen. Your idea still diverts attention and resources from PvE when PvPers have 1000 games to choose from and a new one every week. Not to mention you give a little they still not happy next they would want PvE rewards from PvP. Then they will complain about those rewards not being "fair" and want more. You want references to this exact phenomenon see world of warcraft vaniilla pvp in tauren mill allthe way up to arenas when pvpers got the first ever 310 flying mounts that had 0 use in pvp.

Hey now, I don't want their resources to ever go towards PVP, but they've expressed being open to the idea so it's possible. I just thought this would be the way to go if it ever does come to that. 

Message 4 of 13 (129 Views)

★★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

Fifth. There are already four javelins in the game.

Also, like I said previously, this would make a lot more sense if it was released as a whole separate title. Where maybe you play as outlaws vs outlaws in an arena, or outlaws vs sentinels, or whatever makes sense. Just so long as it’s separate.

Maybe they could make it so that you could use vinyls you have in either game if you have both, but you should have to buy the PvE only game to join PvE groups. For those primarily interested in PvP, trolling PvE players should not be a free added bonus.

You got me there, i have a hard time remembering there's more than just the almighty Interceptor! Tongue out

Message 5 of 13 (125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

They could even add some asymmetric PvP mode where you have, say, four base game javelins against 12 weaker “outlaw” javelins or something. But again, not as part of the base game please.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 6 of 13 (123 Views)

★ Guide

No you guys missed my point. Any compromise will be full on pvp. They won't stop unless you shut down the entire concept of PvP. The only games where this is not the case are Japanese games because the pvpers know well they shut down talks of pvp right off the bat and don't compromise. 

Message 7 of 13 (111 Views)

Re: I HATE PVP, but Here's My Idea - "The Battle Dome"

★★★★ Guide
No to anything that requires resources to make pvp. This game is already lacking in endgame in its current state. There’s so much else this game needs instead.
Message 8 of 13 (108 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Stop with the PvP suggestions.. just stop.

Message 9 of 13 (104 Views)

PVP Fishing mini-game, anyone? Wink

(view in My Videos)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 10 of 13 (95 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help