Re: I Cant Take it Anymore.

by EnglishCranberry

Original Post

@ToastedSarnie the main issue i have with ai is that the games multiplayer is for the most part "pvp" not PvE
Message 11 of 13 (313 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EnglishCranberry Ah, I see! I'm really sorry - I misinterpreted you 🥴

Yes, there are lots of us who have missed the solo / private play options we had in GW2 & they've been asked for right from the beginning.

Sadly, I suspect it won't be introduced (if at all) until the playerbase across all platforms & regions is robust enough to withstand there being less players in PvP lobbies....

It was always a more relaxed way of playing because you weren't exposed to the increasingly toxic behaviour of some of the players & it also gave you the chance of having games even in less popular modes or if you were wanting to play at unusual times of the day or night.

I would in particular though, like to see that as an option for Mixed Mode, where the population of players is very hit-and-miss.
The current AI backfill system is useful (if flawed) for padding out lobbies where needed but doesn't help if there aren't enough real players to even start a game - I would like at the very least to see an option to start a game in that mode with AI if you've been sitting in a lobby "waiting for players" for more than 5 minutes.
Message 12 of 13 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm largely ok with the AI filling up matches but as others have pointed out here, they're spawning new lobbies instead of having us fill up existing ones and replacing AI a little too often. I'd rather see fewer lobbies with less AI and have the AI fill as needed but focus on having more players first.

The targeting is bad right now, not just in BfN, but it's become far worse than it used to be in GW1 and 2. It's always been there but recently it's become an extremely common issue. I've not seen it myself directly all that much but I don't stream and I play PvP in small doses.

Emotes are ok to a point but some people do like to use them to mock people. I really like the idea of just randomly saying 'Chicken spotted!' but don't want someone to think I'm insulting them. 

The Rux and coin situation is one my biggest gripes with the game. It's such a mess right now and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

Message 13 of 13 (253 Views)