I Cant Take it Anymore.

by EnglishCranberry

Original Post

I Cant Take it Anymore.

[ Edited ]

With the Release of The steam Version of BfN, i had thought that they were making a turn around, an effort to save the game and listen, i was however wrong. But then i found somethings i didnt remember, AI in multiplayer, If i wanted to play with ai, i would boot up GW2 and play solo or play the PvE (imo the best part of BfN)

Targeting, I could go into this with more detail. but its not worth my time and these people dont even deserve to be spoken about, literally every first or seconds game, BOOM im getting Targeted.

Emotes, Whats the Point of them in Multiplayer, all they lead to is Toxicity between the community.

Rux & The Rainbow star/Coin Problem, Again so something which has been widely talked about and feedback given by the community, and no response from developers about currency conversion as someone with 70 MILLION Coins And nothing to do with them. Basically a Pointless feature once your rank 1000 or something

To: EA and PopCap: Please, Listen to the community, Make the changes that need to happen, i KNOW every developer wants theyre game the best it can be, so why arent you making the changes to do so? 

Message 1 of 13 (1,151 Views)

Re: I Cant Take it Anymore.

@EnglishCranberry
I like AI in Turf Takeover. If there are only 4 players with no AIs, I'll end that game much sooner.
Do you want only 4 players Turf Takeover instead of 4 players & 20 AIs Turf Takeover?
Message 2 of 13 (1,124 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@CharlesHlcBendel Yes, but then it takes away the point of multiplayer if it’s full of A.I. Multiplayer means playing with real players and pve means playing with bots.
Message 3 of 13 (1,113 Views)

★ Pro
All I can say it I agree; while you don't want to mimic your community entirely, take your experiences as developers, look at player feedback, & use them to make a better game overall. Some of my favorite games are like this & this one can be one of them if they combine these ideas correctly.
Message 4 of 13 (1,025 Views)

★ Guide
@EnglishCranberry The AI should be used to fill lobbies which are not 100% because there aren't enough players, the problem is they are creating more lobbies instead of filliing lobbies with players and then with AI
Message 5 of 13 (959 Views)

★★ Pro

AIs are the lesser of two evils. They have their faults but it's much better than doing a 2v3 in an empty turf or TV map. 

People also complained about not having enough people in games prior to the AIs.  This game isn't that popular where the games are guaranteed to always fill the lobby, so this is the compromise.  And it's the best compromise we have. 

Message 6 of 13 (942 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@mikepal19 AI is not evil, it's how they are now used to create games is bad. People really needs to understand the root problem of this is as @PezGloboHD above you very nicely explained. It's not about oh AI good or AI bad - the current system how it's done is messed. How the new lobbies are now constantly opened is wrong. This need fixing and rebalancing and then it will be fine.
Message 7 of 13 (917 Views)

★★ Expert
@EnglishCranberry The AI are a GOOD CHANGE!!!! Why does everyone hate them???? They are designed so ppl aren't waiting AGES for a lobby (for Battle Arena it's even better bcuz you get teammates if you have a number disadvantage). However, they haven't been executed well. I think the Matchmaking needs to be adjusted, so it tries to put you in a lobby with players, instead of just creating a dead lobby with AI. And, I think the reaction times of the AI definetly need to be toned down, bcuz like spotting icons in GW2 (which were dumb because classes couldn't flank well) the reactions are too quick for a player to get an advantage or a sneak attack on the AI, so it just becomes unfair. But I disagree and AI are a good thing, just the execution was poor.
Message 8 of 13 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EnglishCranberry  I agree & feel so much of what you're saying, but I think we have to accept the AI are needed at the moment & agree with @Shadowphinx101 & @mikepal19 

Nobody really wants to have AI in PvP lobbies but given the fluctuations of the playerbase in some modes / regions or on certain platforms, they're a necessary evil.

Remember that period just before Christmas? EVERYONE finding only a handful of people in a lobby - and then finding players switching sides so the teams were completely unbalanced. And that was if you were "lucky" - some couldn't find lobbies at all.

If AI backfill is removed you're left with two options anytime there's a nosedive in the player population - one being the situation I've just described & the second being the devs needing to introduce a lobby queueing system for every match and I don't think many would be happy sitting there for goodness knows how long for a game to start, often only to find that someone got bored at the last second & quit (or disconnected) and the process needs to start again.

The system needs improving without a doubt & the AI behaviour tweaked but they're there for a reason & if the population improves we won't see them as much.

Message 9 of 13 (808 Views)

★★ Pro

save_0.png

At first, I didn't believe popcap actually made new lobbies out of no where, but since I'm actually paying attention to it, it's true.   

This picture was one of the worse ones,  but it's a picture of the start of a game after a very competitive match prior. This was the very start of the lobby where people hadn't left yet, it's how we were divided. Crazy. 

It happens often, maybe after every 3 to 5 matches it will split the lobby. I thought this was unique to tourist trap but I guess it happens in other maps as well.  Not good! 

Message 10 of 13 (793 Views)