Huge lag spikes (is this game dead???)

by Quinzy20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Huge lag spikes (is this game dead???)

★★★ Novice

I literally spent an hour finding a game which isn't laggy for me, im based in australia and my ping to my server (sydney) is 70-90 ping.

SO HOW COME I GET HUGE LAG SPIKES!! THE FORUM IN HERE DOESNT EVEN GIVE A * ABOUT PEOPLE HAVING ISSUES THIS LAG!

HAVE I WASTED MY TIME DOWNLOADING THIS GAME???

Message 1 of 15 (1,495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Huge lag spikes (is this game dead???)

★★★★ Pro

OP the problem isn't that people here on the forum don't care about such issues the problem is Respawn doesn't seem to care.  For months I have been TSing their terribad netcode in a degree I shouldn't have to while I do not have the same issues in other games.  Having low ping to our nearest servers doesn't matter.  It was already proven they are matching you in games with servers way outside the closest one you connect to. 

My home network is dialed in.  All updated drivers for NICs and routers firmware all up to date with buttery smooth High speed internet performance for all my online activities except Apex.  Apex is a hit or miss and mostly miss for expected server and net performance with 15 ping.

It is utterly ridiculous that they are not addressing this more.  People here with seemingly no issues blame us and EA support blames us but we know the truth.

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (1,368 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

I think a lot of people are connecting to the sydney server from far away.

Message 2 of 15 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

70-90?...wow thats at best for me...its been 3-4 days since my lowest ping is 250..on all servers..what is happening...im on a 5g network here in Dubai

Message 3 of 15 (1,469 Views)

Re: Huge lag spikes (Is this game dead??)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's not really a dead game tbh.

It's just the servers connection is too much on the sh*t side of things.

This is the only game I play that either has 
Latency
Back Track 
or Server Connection Issues.

And I play a Lot of FPS Like R6, CsGo etc...All of them online. And not a single one did I ever have a latency or server issue
By the way I'm based on Singapore, Hongkong and Taiwan server with the average ping of 20-70ms
even if the data center says they don't have latency there will be latency when I get into a match. 
Pretty dumb but that's just how it is sometimes in this game. 
I'm not the only one who experience this in my area too, since my friend also experience the same thing.

Having the average speed of 90mbp/s and all that. 
And no I don't have a problem with my connection. So  I do hope someone won't tell me to troubleshoot my connection. 
When every other online game I have is running fine.

Message 4 of 15 (1,254 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Are you guys kidding? I have ping around 25 and I connect from central Europe to a Belgian server.

Message 5 of 15 (1,434 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@budzai Do you live in europe?
Message 6 of 15 (1,427 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Quinzy20 The server pings are misleading
Message 7 of 15 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Quinzy20 Connecting from SEA server (Singapore) and the game keeps rubber banding so hard. Can't connect to server, even if it did, still rubber banding inside the match
Message 8 of 15 (1,409 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have this issue at all. though my ping is 8 and I normally play from newyork server. 

though I did look at all of them and from sydney I had been labelled as having 60-70 ping but it does change a lot one day it was like 250. I think the real issue is the place hosting your server is very poorly ran.

Message 9 of 15 (1,378 Views)

★★★★ Pro

OP the problem isn't that people here on the forum don't care about such issues the problem is Respawn doesn't seem to care.  For months I have been TSing their terribad netcode in a degree I shouldn't have to while I do not have the same issues in other games.  Having low ping to our nearest servers doesn't matter.  It was already proven they are matching you in games with servers way outside the closest one you connect to. 

My home network is dialed in.  All updated drivers for NICs and routers firmware all up to date with buttery smooth High speed internet performance for all my online activities except Apex.  Apex is a hit or miss and mostly miss for expected server and net performance with 15 ping.

It is utterly ridiculous that they are not addressing this more.  People here with seemingly no issues blame us and EA support blames us but we know the truth.

Message 10 of 15 (1,369 Views)