Re: Huge gigantacus hero power OP

by puntwothree

Original Post

Huge gigantacus hero power OP

★★★ Novice

I´m not one of those who usually complain about balance. I think that plants and zombies are generally balanced.

But the more I play against Huge gigantacus the more I think that his unique power is just ridiculous.

Just compare it to the others: Killing one single plant or zombie, frozening the plants in the ground for 1 turn, dealing 5 dmg in mid lane.

Even compared to the one that I consider one of the most OP (dealing 2 dmg, getting an extra sun) HG´s power is insane.

You get an environment and then make ALL of the cards in your hand cost 1 less. that means that they can virtually play all of their hands in turn 2..

I know that EA does not like nerfing heroe´s unique powers but instead prefers making new cards to counter them..but in this case there is not much you can do.

I think that maybe making the environmente cost one less would make it more balanced. what do you think?

Message 1 of 6 (819 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thankfully, you may never have to face more than the odd HG, assuming we don't get the opportunity to buy the latest heroes (and I'm not saying 'new heroes', because they certainly ain't new anymore) with gems directly.

Message 2 of 6 (807 Views)

★★★ Guide
Huge Gig’s unique superpower is situationally the best in the game, I don’t doubt it.

But.... except for the freezy environment, all of his superpowers are only situationally good. Most superheroes, if you’re drowning and gasping for air, will provide you something off the block that can help you avoid taking damage from one or more opposing plant/zombies. 3/4 of Huge’s do nothing for you off the block, including his unique power. His unique power is also useless to you late game with a few cheap cards in hand, or with no hand at all.

I like Huge a lot, but I think Super Brains is a lot more straight foreword and possibly better (same typing). HIS unique superpower can allow you to damage your enemy 3 times in one turn with one zombie. So... overall, I’m actually going to make the argument that nerfing Huge’s signature move would be unfair. You’d probably have to give him a whole new set to compensate, and now we’re just looking at a mess.
Message 3 of 6 (799 Views)

★★★ Guide
One problem you’re going to face in evaluating how good Huge truly is or isn’t is that he is a P2W card (except for the few of us who got lucky...), meaning a lot of the player base playing him is composed of Whales 🐋 with a complete set of everything there is to own.
Message 4 of 6 (795 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Indurcba I usually play like this:
Turn 1: Imposter
Turn 2: Terror former 10,000
Turn 3: Buried treasure + DR space time + Cosmic scientist + Conjured environment
Message 5 of 6 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Indurcba I think it’s too OP but I still use it. :P
Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)