Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How would you like to be the guy to fix Anthem's loot problem?

by SuperBadPixelMan

Original Post

How would you like to be the guy to fix Anthem's loot problem?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's your chance.  Bioware is hiring.

https://ea.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappportal.showJob&layoutid=2092&inp1375=155359&opportunity...

Senior Systems Designer (Loot Systems)

Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.

At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story.  Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios.  We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling.  If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.

BioWare is looking for an creative and passionate Senior Systems Designer with experience in Loot Systems to join our studio in either Austin or Edmonton to work on our newest IP Anthem. Building a truly great server side loot system, that is scalable, has modern concepts like streak-breaking, and easily modifiable data formats. A great loot system ensures that the players have predictable experiences that can be measured with data.

Key Responsibilities:

• Work with a team of systems designers and design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement large systems and gameplay features that improve content and functionality of the game.
  • Set and maintain the gold standard for game systems in a franchise.
  • Collaborate with other key stakeholders to identify and implement the priorities and objectives.
  • Be proactive in communicating progress and resolution of problems
  • Create documentation and prototypes for specific and exploratory game systems.

Message 1 of 10 (226 Views)

Re: How would you like to be the guy to fix Anthem's loot problem?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is this an admission of defeat, Someone please help us. And after the articles that I've seen on EA working environment who is going to volunteer for that ??? But I hope it someone good.

Message 2 of 10 (196 Views)

★★ Pro

@Xenowulf wrote:

Is this an admission of defeat, Someone please help us. And after the articles that I've seen on EA working environment who is going to volunteer for that ??? But I hope it someone good.

I hardly think its an "admission of defeat" as you put it, without knowing the details it could be someone being replaced, the team being expanded, a loot team being created rather than it being part of a bigger team, there are so many unknowns and possible variations that speculating is all anyone not working for Bioware can do.

Message 3 of 10 (184 Views)

★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Xenowulf wrote:

I hardly think its an "admission of defeat" as you put it, without knowing the details it could be someone being replaced, the team being expanded, a loot team being created rather than it being part of a bigger team, there are so many unknowns and possible variations that speculating is all anyone not working for Bioware can do.

Nah, it reads as a team leader position:

Key Responsibilities:
Work with a team of systems designers and design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement large systems and gameplay features that improve content and functionality of the game.
Set and maintain the gold standard for game systems in a franchise. <----------------------Note
Collaborate with other key stakeholders to identify and implement the priorities and objectives.
Be proactive in communicating progress and resolution of problems
Create documentation and prototypes for specific and exploratory game systems.

But probally formation of a loot team which would imply that they are at a lose to fix the existing mess and need a new team to address it.

Message 4 of 10 (172 Views)

★ Guide

But I should point out all joking aside, I think this is the first positive thing about the game I've seen in a long time. It says that they are taking this game seriously and are taking positive steps to fix it, Which I must admit I'm relieved to hear.

Message 5 of 10 (163 Views)

★★ Pro

@Xenowulf wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Xenowulf wrote:

Key Responsibilities:
Work with a team of systems designers and design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement large systems and gameplay features that improve content and functionality of the game.
Set and maintain the gold standard for game systems in a franchise. <----------------------Note
Collaborate with other key stakeholders to identify and implement the priorities and objectives.

But probally formation of a loot team which would imply that they are at a lose to fix the existing mess and need a new team to address it.

A lot of those are just generic items, it also states its for the new IP Anthem so your arrow just points to a generic ad item, I have no doubt its there to cover bases that's all, ie: if the person hired is good then they can be shuffled to different areas. I have worked in conjunction with recruitment sections previously and most of substance of the ads are just filler, very few lines in recruitment ads actually address the actual position in my experience. My post still stands as far as I am concerned, we can speculate all we want but that's all it will be.

Message 6 of 10 (161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Xenowulf wrote:

But I should point out all joking aside, I think this is the first positive thing about the game I've seen in a long time. It says that they are taking this game seriously and are taking positive steps to fix it, Which I must admit I'm relieved to hear.

I think they're backfilling positions, after a bunch of people left.  There was a lot of adverts on their site:

Message 7 of 10 (151 Views)

★ Guide

@SuperBadPixelMan wrote:

@Xenowulf wrote:

I think they're backfilling positions, after a bunch of people left.  There was a lot of adverts on their site:

Yeh could be, or a reorganization I know they have had some staff turnover problem.

Message 8 of 10 (143 Views)

★ Guide

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Xenowulf wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

@Xenowulf wrote:

Key Responsibilities:

A lot of those are just generic items, it also states its for the new IP Anthem so your arrow just points to a generic ad item, I have no doubt its there to cover bases that's all, ie: if the person hired is good then they can be shuffled to different areas. I have worked in conjunction with recruitment sections previously and most of substance of the ads are just filler, very few lines in recruitment ads actually address the actual position in my experience. My post still stands as far as I am concerned, we can speculate all we want but that's all it will be.

Of course it speculation, but it's speculation based on a reasonable assumption from information given. As opposed to your own reply which was filled with anger and fabrication. Like where do you draw any conclusion of a general hand from.

Senior Systems Designer (Loot Systems)

Senior Systems Designer with experience in Loot Systems

join our studio in either Austin or Edmonton to work on our newest IP Anthem

Set and maintain the gold standard for game systems in a franchise.

I could go on and on but you see my point these are leadership discriptions not a scrubs job. I would very upset to apply for a position meeting these criterea and be offered a fill position or a position not even in the IP advertised on the job advert. But then again it is EA there is still a possibility they lied.

Message 9 of 10 (135 Views)

★★ Guide

all mmo game have a same pattern . and its not licsen . 

hire ppl for just loot system I am no idea about it

in my 2nd life I step in 8 online world. and all world loot system is the same . even its shooting game. 

my imo . just a copy that pattern and use in this world. and hire more staff is work on expand world 

or even help design new dress for cash shop . its very reasonable . 

cheer  

Message 10 of 10 (130 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help