Re: How would Solo mode effect those who don't want to play it?

by Rima131313

Original Post

How would Solo mode effect those who don't want to play it?

★★★ Pro

If they stayed in Squads how would the addition of a Solo mode change their actual in game, gameplay?

Message 1 of 21 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

It will make playing squads with randoms worse.

Because player's are still going to break off of jump master regardless of a solo mode or not. With a solo mode  player's will be more inclined doing this more often then not  when playing with a random squad's.

People that are breaking off of jumpmaster now are maybe 1 in 8 games, some times 2 in 10 that's neither here or there. and doesn't happen as often.

This is all from my experience playing this game and games like H1Z1 and a little Fortnite. 

Message 2 of 21 (759 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not sure about what you're asking... do you mean how would players (who are not interested in Solo) play in that mode? Maybe they just won't play at all :D

I think Solo mode would be (mostly) boring. The squad strategy, reviving, helping, sharing items... all that stuff should just go away.

Other games have solo modes and -for me- they become walking simulators. I prefer all the things added to the game when you're part of a team.

Message 3 of 21 (751 Views)

★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

Because player's are still going to break off of jump master regardless of a solo mode or not. With a solo mode  player's will be more inclined doing this more often then not  when playing with a random squad's.

People that are breaking off of jumpmaster now are maybe 1 in 8 games, some times 2 in 10 that's neither here or there. and doesn't happen as often.

This is all from my experience playing this game and games like H1Z1 and a little Fortnite. 

Actually it will make playing with squads better.

People drop solo because they have literally no other way of playing solo.

Give them a solo queue option and these players will go solo queue and leave squad-queue to people who care about teamplay.

win-win for everybody.

Message 4 of 21 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Rima131313 wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

Give them a solo queue option and these players will go solo queue and leave squad-queue to people who care about teamplay.

win-win for everybody.

Then the forums are going to be filled with op legends, that the legends need balance [which will hurt squad play] and what not and to remove respawn beacons. The problems with squad play will be over looked / ignored because of the mass flood of fixing issues with solo mode.

The game is designed for squad play, the game was advertised for squad play.

I have to disagree with you, I see a very big headache  for respawn and the community if respawn does this. because in the end no one will be happy. which will result in players starting to abandon the game.

If they add a solo queue in then let it be against teams, basically nothing will change.

Message 5 of 21 (745 Views)

★★ Pro

What don't people get about this topic? When you introduce a new game mode, you introduce a whole new list of problems. So instead of everyone giving feedback about Squads, now you have two audiences giving feedback about two different game modes, which in turn ruins the game for everyone because they will likely try to balance both modes the same way. Solos isn't just a button-press and it's good to go. No. You're kidding yourself if you think everything in Squads would work in Solos. If they did implement a new game mode, it would leave Squad players left with a watered down mess that would eventually cause the core audience that made this game successful to leave. The only way it would work is if they stripped away all the abilities or limit the number of each Legend that could be in a match. 

Message 6 of 21 (729 Views)

★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

@Rima131313 wrote:

@RevenanT-G7 wrote:

win-win for everybody.

Then the forums are going to be filled with op legends, that the legends need balance [which will hurt squad play] and what not and to remove respawn beacons. The problems with squad play will be over looked / ignored because of the mass flood of fixing issues with solo mode.

The game is designed for squad play, the game was advertised for squad play.

I have to disagree with you, I see a very big headache  for respawn and the community if respawn does this. because in the end no one will be happy. which will result in players starting to abandon the game.

If they add a solo queue in then let it be against teams, basically nothing will change.

THEN the forums would be filled with OP legends threads? And that would not be happening with squads?

*cough nerf wraith cough nerf pathfinder cough*

Because that didn't happen right? RIGHT?

People will always cry.

And no, it would not hurt squad balance in any way.

Many games have different, optional gamemodes. Let's take moba's ARAM for example. There that game is actually different and some heroes are vastly better/worse in that gamemode than the normal gamemode. Balanceteam knows this and doesn't care. They know what the main game mode is, and they won't go out of their way to balance the optional gamemode.

So don't worry, squads won't be affected.

And Apex is just the same game. There is no big actual difference that would need balancechanges in the first place. Hell, they would not even need to change anything for solo queue. Let knockdown shields exist, they are basically useless in squads anyway. Let the respawn beacon intact, you can't do anything with them either.

You lose absolutely nothing with the addition of a solo queue. In fact, like I said, squad games will be actually of better quality because people who like solo will go solo queue and leave the squad queue to people, who like actual teamplay.

Literally win-win for everybody, there is absolutely no reason at all to not add solo queue.

Message 7 of 21 (713 Views)

★★ Pro
@Rima131313 It splits the playerbase. This mythical solo-only crowd that will bolster the games numbers significantly doesn't exist. Most people who play games online are interested in playing WITH people, hence the multiplayer part.

Adding a mode that would take away the players from the group lobby would lower the life expectancy of the game unless it was carefully tailored to steal another games playerbase (I.E fortnite or pubg) and the ways theyd have to bastardise the game to make it similar enough to REPLACE those games for their existing audiences would just make it rubbish to play anyway.

I play in Australia and it's difficult to keep a game populated here at the best of times. This is true in a lot of other places around the world to the tune of millions of players cumulatively. Scatter those players across multiple versions of essentially the same game and you're risking queue times increasing etc etc.

With regards to ranked : we already cant get games higher than plat to even pop 99% of the time. Plat games dont pop outside of a specific window of hours in the evening. If they brought solos out and added solo ranked as well as casual - it would kill ranked Apex in my region stone-dead.
Message 8 of 21 (671 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Anlbrd wrote:
@Rima131313It splits the playerbase. This mythical solo-only crowd that will bolster the games numbers significantly doesn't exist. Most people who play games online are interested in playing WITH people, hence the multiplayer part.

Adding a mode that would take away the players from the group lobby would lower the life expectancy of the game unless it was carefully tailored to steal another games playerbase (I.E fortnite or pubg) and the ways theyd have to bastardise the game to make it similar enough to REPLACE those games for their existing audiences would just make it rubbish to play anyway.

I play in Australia and it's difficult to keep a game populated here at the best of times. This is true in a lot of other places around the world to the tune of millions of players cumulatively. Scatter those players across multiple versions of essentially the same game and you're risking queue times increasing etc etc.

With regards to ranked : we already cant get games higher than plat to even pop 99% of the time. Plat games dont pop outside of a specific window of hours in the evening. If they brought solos out and added solo ranked as well as casual - it would kill ranked Apex in my region stone-dead.

you are free to change server most of people play in eu/na servers based on time even people from asia play on NA/EU servers 

Message 9 of 21 (662 Views)

★★ Pro
@adidasPowah Or we could just keep the game in a state where we can play with less than 250 ping?

No one is changing servers and enjoying themselves. Why don't the EU/NA players come to Aus and populate it for us? Tongue out
Message 10 of 21 (658 Views)