How to use Gibby's ultimate more effectively.

by CriticalWeasel

Original Post

How to use Gibby's ultimate more effectively.

★★★ Apprentice

I recently got a champion win for Gibby. I SERIOUSLY underestimated how fast his gun shield recharges.
However, the one thing I really want to improve on is using the mortar strike ultimate more effectively.
I can't seem to hit anyone, I also tried to aim where they might run too but the delayed detonation makes it hard to concuss them.

Message 1 of 5 (345 Views)

Re: How to use Gibby's ultimate more effectively.

★★★ Guide
@CriticalWeasel Hes already OP he needs a nerf before a buff
Message 2 of 5 (328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

I feel like aiming to hit someone with it isn't the best thought process towards using it. If you really, really, really wanted to make the most out of it every single time you'd have to force the enemy into a tactical disadvantage where they have no escape but won't simply turn around and kill you. Think Caustic gas inside bunker doors. If he blocks the door with gas canister and it goes off, what can you really do? 

It's a really big displacement ability meant to force people into/out of cover or to cover your escape. Same with Bangalore's ulti, just more concentrated and less delayed. Just like normal grenades I feel like the damage is bonus, what you really want is to force people out of cover. 

Edit: I remember one time my squad and I jumped an enemy Gibby in the cave between Market and Cage. He threw down his ulti in a panic inside of the cave, and my squad and I ran away from the red circle before realizing we were in a cave. It bought him a few extra seconds, and we actually almost lost that fight entirely because his team had regrouped with him. 

Message 3 of 5 (323 Views)

Champion
@CriticalWeasel Best way to use it is when cutting people off or end game.
Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CriticalWeaselI personally like to throw it slightly behind them giving them 2 options push into us or get destroyed by the strike.

@Nasher355 i don’t think he is that OP. He is strong but he’s not over powering. In my mind OP is anything that allows a medium or even low skilled player to take out a high skilled player. OP is when you have two players of equal skill, the person with the OP legend wins every time no matter how well the other legend plays or how poorly the OP legend plays. 

i personally do not see that with Gibi. Can he be strong? Yes, in certain situations. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (211 Views)