Re: How to turn off crossplay on xbox

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to turn off crossplay on xbox

★★ Guide

This is how you turn off crossplay on xbox!!

However, not alot of people know how to do this so you can't find a match and the lobbies aren't filled with AI as we were told they would be.

https://youtu.be/OU_gCN-PPBU

Message 1 of 10 (698 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert
@TheThurston13 Nice little vid under a minute. Thank you and I subbed/liked

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (688 Views)

All Replies

★ Expert
@TheThurston13 Nice little vid under a minute. Thank you and I subbed/liked
Message 2 of 10 (689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheThurston13 problem is you can find a lobby ,which then forces you to switch it back on
Message 3 of 10 (552 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ghinavirus did you mange to find a xbox only game with these steps?
Message 4 of 10 (550 Views)

★ Expert
@FRUITBATMAC Yes I can get in all out war but if using portal then not going to happen. You will have to enable crossplay for portal to populate with pc players properly.

Message 5 of 10 (537 Views)

Community Manager

@TheThurston13 wrote:

This is how you turn off crossplay on xbox!!

However, not alot of people know how to do this so you can't find a match and the lobbies aren't filled with AI as we were told they would be.

https://youtu.be/OU_gCN-PPBU

Thanks for sharing! 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 10 (511 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Hey CM, Can we get some clarification on why and if the option is going to stay grey’d out for us XBOX X users? I really appreciate this post and video, and hopefully tons of users see it to help us be able to get into servers and maybe even a breakthrough match! It’s still not ideal as most of us will need to turn it back on for other games and services, the quick menu toggle that all other platforms have been provided would be much better. Thank you!

And double thanks for the video Poster!!
Message 7 of 10 (501 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@JIHADxJEEPER 

I play on Series X myself and it's a mission to get to that option to turn it off on the Xbox Settings. There is a larger thread where players requested it to have it in game as quality of life improvement. We've shared it with the team, but no official word on what plans are moving forward. 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 10 (475 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry Thanks for the response. I wouldn’t even mind it so much if it worked well, but finding games is a tough and long process the way it is, and haven’t found 1 breakthrough or portal server this way which means I’m missing 2/3 of the game with it off.
Message 9 of 10 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Quick question.

Why not say that in the thread you're talking about? Everyone in that thread is under the impression that everyone at EA/DICE is conveniently ignoring the fact that it's a problem.

The last/only time a staff member had any interaction there was when a community manager changed the title a week ago.

If you guys really passed it along to the dev team, then thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (436 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help