Re: How to take screenshots in ME:A? PC/Origin

by JucieN7

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

It's a tad sad that Origin has no Original means to produce screenshots, making us resort to third party arduous schemes. Would it be hard for the game itself sprout a self-screenshooting device? They could blame SAM is documenting their progress.

Message 11 of 17 (3,439 Views)

★★★ Guide

@PandaTar wrote:

It's a tad sad that Origin has no Original means to produce screenshots, making us resort to third party arduous schemes. Would it be hard for the game itself sprout a self-screenshooting device? They could blame SAM is documenting their progress.

I would love a picture mode like in Final Fantasy or just a normal screenshot option...and they wonder why people dislike Origin...

Message 12 of 17 (3,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

Easier way: Run game in borderless window mode (still fullscreen, just full access to desktop). Press F12.  Open up Paint. Hit paste, then can save. Could also use screen snipping tool.

Message 13 of 17 (3,413 Views)

★★ Pro

I use fraps for screenshots, quick and easy. Saves them where you tell it to and they are good quality. Most in game captures are * quality anyways (swtor comes to mind there). Works for all games, these days when on PC i just leave it running.

Message 14 of 17 (3,407 Views)

★ Apprentice
i’m experimenting with Dropbox right now. i created a folder called screenshots in Dropbox and am trying to make that the default folder for screenshots . The Geoforce app settings for screenshots are ambiguous, because but if that works I’ll post it here .

I have a Apple app call Hazel that can monitor folders for filers and take actions on new files based on rules that i create.

i use that to say “
if you see a new image in this folder , import it into my Photo library and delete it” for example.
Message 15 of 17 (3,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For online game player, you can use FoneLab Screen Recorder to record gameplay screen on computer.

It is easy to use, you can capture computer video, audio or webcam contents without lag.

You can capture use your microphone and webcam to add comments in your videos according to your need.

It can be used to record online meetings, take screenshots on computer, record music and more.

Message 16 of 17 (2,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@JucieN7 wrote:

If you use a GeForce GPU you can use the screenshot function of GeForce Experience...that's how I do it
However it's pretty lame of Origin not to be able to make screenshots itself properly

@PandaTar wrote:

The game absolutely has the ability to take screenshots,
and it uses the "Print Screen" key.  (What a concept!)

1. Hit the Tilde [ ~ ] key (or whatever one your system uses) to enable command console entry.

2. Type: Screenshot.Render [Enter]

3. Use Prn-Scr to take your screenshots.

4. Hit the Tilde [ ~ ] key again when you're done to toggle the console off.

The screenshots will be dropped in: \[user's profile folder]\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect Andromeda\Screenshots.

There are more useful ME:Andromeda console commands like disabling the UI, or selecting which layer of the screen to capture, or changing the screenshot file format.

Message 17 of 17 (2,858 Views)