Re: How to start split screen

by adamchan85

Original Post

How to start split screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I was confused since there's no split screen TV like in GW2. They made it more simple actually, so simple until Zombies got confused, Brainzzz :P

1. Start with account that purchased BfN (Battle for Neighborville).

2. Take another controller, power it on and select 2nd account (doesn't need to buy BfN, but cannot be guest account) 

3. Press the SQUARE button on 2nd controller. For Xbox, it would be different button but same concept.

4. Split screen started, you can play together now.

I recorded short video below  (step 2 doesn't show here):

Hope that helps. 

@EA_David  If you can pin it on top, it would helps others since this's one of the most popular question. Thanks.

Message 1 of 38 (79,767 Views)

★★★ Novice

It’s easier but doesn’t work for a number of users. Error message when trying to join co op. 

Message 2 of 38 (79,740 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Is the 2nd account fully working before in GW2 ?  (not guest account)

What is the error?

Message 3 of 38 (79,713 Views)

★★★ Novice
@asukojo Yeah second account is a proper account with PSN and worked with GW2.

I’ve mentioned it in the Bugs forum and someone else had same issue, but wanted to see if anyone else has found a solution.

Issue maybe linked to Co Op account speaking to Rux as that led to freezing and now unable to rejoin. Just mentions about group being full. However when checking it isn’t the case.
Message 4 of 38 (79,699 Views)

★ Novice

So I guess the split screen is not like GW2, where you went to the tv to the left of character change and made it split screen with a Xbox guest account?  I had fun playing with my son as a guest in the backyard just goofing off. I take it you can’t do that in this game anymore?  To my understanding with our buying another Xbox live account or something?  Thanks in advance. 

Message 5 of 38 (79,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

2nd account can't be guess account. It should be regular PS/Xbox account that register as EA account as well. 

To play as multiplayer, PS-Plus/XBoxLive account must make PS4/XBox as their primary PS4/XBOX 

so all accounts in that console can get benefit of PS Plus (can play multiplayer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxigmI4UVNg

For me:

1. 1st Account has PS4 Plus and make my PS4 as primary account. (see youtube above).

2. 2nd Account bought BfN (digital version) but doesn't have PS  Plus.

3. 2nd Account can play multiplayer since 1st Account make my PS4 as primary account (step 1)

4. Only 2nd Account can start BfN.

5. Follow the procedure above to start split screen with 2nd account, both accounts can play multiplayer.

Message 6 of 38 (79,599 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!  I got it to work.  I ended up making another Xbox live account for my son to play on. I had like 18 ping but the game runs terribly laggy in split screen it’s honestly not worth playing together. I tried to reload the world with just AI in the giddy park, zombie hq and Dave’s castle but it makes the game crash. I thought it might run better if it didn’t have all the other people in it.  I hope it can run smoother because I really had fun playing in the backyard with my son on gw2 and never had playability issues. 

Message 7 of 38 (79,534 Views)

[ Edited ]

@asukojo wrote:

1. 1st Account has PS4 Plus and make my PS4 as primary account. (see youtube above).

2. 2nd Account bought BfN (digital version) but doesn't have PS  Plus.

3. 2nd Account can play multiplayer since 1st Account make my PS4 as primary account (step 1)

4. Only 2nd Account can start BfN.

Hi buddy -

I find it weird that only your kid's account can start the game.  I think you should have bought it on your own primary account.  All of the accounts on both of my playstations can start up the game and play by themselves.  Both copies were bought (well, one was gotten via redeeming a code, but same difference) on the primary PS account for that console.  If you look into game sharing on PS, you might be able to open the game on your own account as well.  I know very little about that, but I know it's a thing.

I initiate split screen by inviting my daughter from the social menu, but the square button method does seem more streamlined.

Message 8 of 38 (79,507 Views)

★★ Guide

This needs to be said by a stuffy sunflower doll so new players know it's a feature. 

Message 9 of 38 (79,475 Views)

★ Novice
@asukojo How can I deselect the guest account if I accidentally set it up earlier?
Message 10 of 38 (78,890 Views)