How to spot soft aim assist!?

by -BiA-Pesqez

Original Post

Re: How to spot soft aim assist!?

★★★★★ Newbie

Originally was mouse and keyboard for Left 4 Dead back before my laptop shot craps, switched to Xbox 360 to be able to play with friends so have been on controller for a decade now. Mainly played Gears of War 3, so having an extensive feel for both modes of control I will always choose mouse and keyboard over a controller if I'm able any day of the week. Along with mouse sensitivity affecting the way you're able to react in a completely different dimension over just X or Y axis speed and pitch, you're using your entire hand and wrist compared to a single thumb pushing around a raised stick rolling around on a potentiometer, precision is overwhelmingly in favor of the mouse and keyboard, as well as the movement with WASD is much more responsive for quick jerky movements. Wish I could transition to mouse and keyboard on the Xbox because I would make that switch in a heartbeat. The controller while fairly effective in what is required most of the time if you're used to it, it is still undeniably clunky sometimes when you're needing to quickly perform certain combinations of actions in a precise and effective manner whenever you're in a panic situation. I find holding down full auto recoil to be the hardest part of using controller because it's so inconsistent most of the time, the bullets tend to drift up and over their shoulder just barely to miss enough shots so those last few hits that would down them miss and cost me the knock. 

And don't even get me started on when you can't hit players at all, it's always randomly with someone who isn't even ducking, dodging, and weaving like the more advanced players can do quite impressively. It may be because of latency though whomever has better connection will always be a split second ahead of everyone who's connections aren't as good.

Message 31 of 31 (100 Views)