Re: How to improve singleplayer experience.

by EA_Joz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to improve singleplayer experience.

★★★★ Novice

Two wishes to massively improve single player experience.

The problem of SW Squadrons is a bit, that the entire gameplay mechanic is finally rather for multiplayer than typical single player, even the campaign is rather tutorial for MP mechaniks than just the campaign.

Maybe two simple revisions can improve the SP experience.

A) to make tutorial interruptions in the campaign optional. Currently, it's ultra annoying that constantly the gameplay gets interrupted in the campaign, even if you replay and know the mechanics inside and out.

B) Make fleet battles against KI easier, at least in "easy" settings. I played both normal and easy and could not spot any difference, both is super challenging. I personally like to play through in Singleplayer without dying multiple times (which is quite an immersion breaker), so less multiplayer feel at least under easy settings would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (1,281 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @tomypit This is some great feedback. Thank you for your post! I'll pass this on to the team☺️

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,190 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I agree, being able to disable the training prompts in Singleplayer would be nice.

Message 2 of 5 (1,252 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @tomypit This is some great feedback. Thank you for your post! I'll pass this on to the team☺️

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Joz

With today's Patch 2.0 everything has been addressed, very cool!!
Message 4 of 5 (1,085 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The single player is not just a tutorial for multiplayer. I don't know why people keep claiming this. For one it massively undersells a great part of the game which clearly took a huge chunk of the development time. and for another is just isn't true, there are maybe one or two missions that play sort of like the fleet battles mode, the rest are much more varied and interesting featuring mechanics and gameplay that you don't see in the multiplayer at all. 

The only problem with the single player campaign is it's over too soon, though still worth the entry price if you ask me. But you do have to play it on at least Veteran difficulty for some real challenge (currently working my way though on ace difficulty for my second play through and loving it!).

I agree on the tutorial popups but that's been done in the latest patch so happy days.

Message 5 of 5 (971 Views)