How to have 1 account on 2 computers online.

by uterka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to have 1 account on 2 computers online.

★ Novice

Hello everybody,

i have question about Origin...

Is there any way how to download game on computer and play same game on other computer from 1 account?

I'm just installing my new gaming rig (downloading games from origin), but i want play these games (online) on my laptop in same time...(i hate waiting xD )

Thx for response. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (984 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to have 1 account on 2 computers online.

Hi, @uterka

No, there's no way to be online on the same account on 2 different PCs

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,146 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @uterka

No, there's no way to be online on the same account on 2 different PCs
Message 2 of 6 (1,147 Views)

Community Manager

@ElbruzOne@uterka

Just to clarify, you cannot be online on two machines on the same account at the same time.

You can be offline and playing on one machine while the other is downloading.

You can do this via the Origin menu, Go Offline.

barry.png
Message 3 of 6 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Thanks. Standard smile

It will be nice if in future i will be able to download game on one computer and then share it in my home network, so i can download it and play faster on other computers. Standard smile

OR! The best of the best solutions for the future will be that i can download game, store installation file in my NAS and i install game whenever i want faster. Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]

@uterka

Just as a FYI, you can copy all the game files to another location and keep them there...say a huge extra HD or USB sticks...when you need to install a game, simply then copy the files from the storage media to the normal install location for Origin, and then in Origin click download.  When Origin sees all the files already in the proper location, it will think a bit, verify the files and proceed to install them.  This lets you move files easily between computers, keep games off your main HD for when you don't want them taking up space but don't like the idea of downloading them again.  Games take me 12-20 hours usually to download, so I can use this to save me those hours if I decide to move a game or if I upgrade my HDs....like I did recently in upgrading a 1 TB HD to an 4TB HD.

To make a file work best, you copy the files over to new location, go into origin and uninstall after copying.  If you are moving games and still want them available, you do the same but after the uninstall, you change the Origin Install location option to the new location and click download and game is back up in a matter of minutes.  This should also work between machines, but will require Origin to go online at least once to verify files and authorize the game to be used....as you can't just put a game on a new computer with origin and have it work if the Origin account doesn't have it unlocked already, it's not an easy pirate practice, just a good way to not have to download a game multiple times..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6 (858 Views)

★ Novice

@mcsupersport

Oh, thanks man!

I just saw in options that i can choose folder for downloading, next time i will install the game from other computer in LAN, faster, easier way! Thx. Standard smile

I thing before that i download game folders to my computer, not just installation folders. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (833 Views)