Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How to get spore bot parts

by sfdiusmc

Original Post

Highlighted

How to get spore bot parts

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Right off the bat i would like to give credit to stevethegod for discovering how to get the bot parts before me. However this method may be the better method for acquiring the bot parts.

First, you will need to go to the EA help center and contact an adviser. Here is the link: https://help.ea.com/en/

Once there set up a case about spore under Codes and Promotions and Promotion availability. Then contact an advisor and ask them to give the bot parts to your account.

Once you have received the parts from the adviser (check your spore.com homepage and see f you have the Spore Bot Parts symbol under your name.) you are ready for the second step.

Now go to this link: https://www.moddb.com/games/spore/downloads/spore-patch-6-v106-dr-pepper and download the mod file. once it is done downloading extract the file. Now look inside he mod file for another file called BP2_Data.package. Put the BP2 file in here: Program Files (x86)/ Origin Games/ Spore/ Data

(If you cant find the data file through the location above just remember the data file will be in a file called Spore.) once the BP2 file is in your data file you can delete everything else that came with the Mod file. Now you can launch spore and you will have bot parts you can share. I hope this helped you! ,Stevie303

Edit: Ok, just to clear things up if you would like to use Stevethogod's method go here: http://spore.boards.net/thread/64/spore-patch-6-ea-2018. But there are some things you need to remember. If you use my method you will be using raw, unchanged bot parts taken straight of spore.com back in 2010. In fact, if you look on the website where i got the download link from: https://beyondsims.com/2010/01/dr-peppereas-spore-1-06-patch-and-14-mech-parts-download/ you can see that it is indeed official content and has been approved by MaxisCactus himself. stevethegod's method uses unofficial modded bot parts (and im not even sure where he got them from.). so if you wish to use his method go ahead, just approach with caution..

Message 1 of 8 (6,185 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How to get spore bot parts

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

19 hrs before you lol love this. You had spore since 2017, I just recently got Spore, told users how to get the parts and you coincidentally learn how to get them 19 hrs after I released the info to the public. Ok

Anyway, the Bot parts you are telling users to download will crash their game and cause bad data for some, resulting in creations being permanently destroyed and a reinstall required to play Spore again.

Message 2 of 8 (6,164 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Contrary to SteveSporeGA's remarks, my method will not ruin your game or destroy it or make it unplayable or anything like that. Im not sure where he got that information from but it is all false.  The only thing that may happen is your game will crash is if you try to ally a creature in the creature stage with no social ability's. The bot mouths are the only mouths in the game that don't have the sing ability, meaning you can create creatures with 0 points in social. The robot parts contain mouths,hands and feet. mouths are supposed to give you sing. some feet give you dance and some hands give you pose. However the robot parts do not have any of these abilities. Meaning that, a creature that only uses robot parts wont have any social abilities. But there is a very easy fix. Simply add a charm part. I personally think many of the charm parts look cool with the bot parts but if you don't agree you can simply shrink a charm part down as small as you can and then it can be easily hidden. charm parts can be hidden inside of a mouth or a metal plate or basically almost anywhere there is another part.

Message 3 of 8 (6,122 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

lol

Message 4 of 8 (6,079 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

EA edited my post btw. I gave a detailed explanation of the situation. Please try his method but be warned of my message! Go to DavOopsnline.con << the most trusted Spore website to date for further info.<< Im only trying to help. 

He stole this info from Spore boards, it's as simple as that. look at the dates and the info!

Coincidence? lol 

Message 5 of 8 (6,073 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
you can make up all the things you want about me stealing from you. It wont change that fact that i didn't. instead of fueling our little fight here, why not just make up and agree to disagree?
Message 6 of 8 (6,066 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
i really don't dislike you dude. i just wish you'd stop making hasty assumptions and realize i have good intentions. Why would i even steal from you in the first place? I hope we can stop fighting and come to a truce.
Message 7 of 8 (6,063 Views)
Highlighted

Hi together

I stop this conversation here, because I'm not tolerated those harsh words. I miss the constructive discussion. 

Liz

Stay healty!
Bleibt Gesund!
I don't work for EA - I'm just only help other users . Cheers Liz
Message 8 of 8 (6,044 Views)
Twitter Stream