Re: How to counter Jets?

by vtupaczghostv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to counter Jets?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How do you counter a good jet pilot who uses air-to-ground missiles to destroy your AA tank/any ground vehicle and out-maneuverers & kills any other jet/heli that comes at it?

I feel like I spend the entire game aiming SOFLAM at the Jet, only for it to evade any rocket/stinger with flares, fly away and come back in for another sweep to repeat the same again, again and again.

Even getting some good accurate AA hits with the multi AA gun isn't enough damage before it can sweep in, fire off two air-to-ground missiles and before you can heal up and prepare to smoke the next missile, it destroys you. 

I even tried using the jet and it's not so bad other than the fact that they fly to the very top of the skybox where you stall and then get you that way, or tyou spend 5-10+ min chasing each other and trying to out maneuverer each other to get behind and kill, which doesn't always work out since they're pro. 

Even when using the AA tank against them, their Jet also can randomly float around and spin/backflip like a leaf blowing in the wind. I don't know if this is a bug/glitch or what, but it doesn't look natural.

What is the solution? because it's hard to ignore a jet who destroys every single vehicle your team spawns in.

Message 1 of 13 (826 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide

Right now, not much at all. Used to be able to use the mobile Anti Air on BF4, but the Wildcat is just not good enough to destroy jets. Ahh 'member when there was automated anti air at the base on BF4 whenever the jets fly over so they basically don't spawn trap you and destroy your vehicles? Don't have that anymore.

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (807 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Also just to add that I've played every other battlefield before this and the jets were never this overpowered.

It's pretty ridiculous that a good jet pilot is invincible pretty much.

Message 2 of 13 (817 Views)

★★ Guide

Right now, not much at all. Used to be able to use the mobile Anti Air on BF4, but the Wildcat is just not good enough to destroy jets. Ahh 'member when there was automated anti air at the base on BF4 whenever the jets fly over so they basically don't spawn trap you and destroy your vehicles? Don't have that anymore.

Message 3 of 13 (808 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@vtupaczghostv It takes the Condor to chase it down or the jet getting to close to the front end of a hind.

Jets are always lame when they don't have measures in place to keep them balanced. Under radar can really help Choppers against jets AA. C-RAMs would help the uncaps but they neglected to add those in this game.

Oh well.
Message 4 of 13 (800 Views)

★ Guide
@Arfan76 Yes but any buff you give to the wildcat will adversly affect helicopters as well, not only that the jets themselves are actually tissue paper. You counter a good jet pilot with another good jet pilot and multiple people actually bothering to run FXM 33 AA. The amount of times the FXM spam has killed me in the air despite doing everything the OP is beyond count now. To top it off with the right build, Attack Helis and heavy transports (Superhind and Condor) can absolutely annihilate jets.

Its also a matter of fact right now that whichever pilot engages first from behind normally wins because the 30mm shreds.

Good pilots are not as hard to kill as people think.
Message 5 of 13 (796 Views)

★★★ Novice

The condor/hind is insane WITH 2+ others on the miniguns of course, but that usually requires team mates that use their brain or friends in voice chat that agree to be your gunners. Ah well.

Message 6 of 13 (785 Views)

★★★ Novice

Over powered ? Are you kidding ? The jet has anti air anti vehicle flares and a radar missle. BF3 had flares, ecm jammer, anti vehicle l, anti infantry rocket pods t.v missle. The jets in 2042 are not over powered. Wildcats are 

Message 7 of 13 (565 Views)

★★ Guide

huh? there's jets?

Message 8 of 13 (555 Views)

Champion

Why are resurrecting threads from a year ago?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 13 (550 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Ironhead841 I can give you very good hint, but you won't like it 😂.

Use thermal smoke, can't lock you, means he's gonna need to reloop. Now when he is coming from straight above, hop out and TV 😁
Message 10 of 13 (544 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help