Re: How to change character voice?

by cake404

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I beg the differ.
During a weekend, I had bad internet connection and my character voice changed on my one playthrough character, from Female to Male.
I did send a mail and hoped to get a fix as I did choose Female voice for the start, but nope, no help.

I understand that the choise is permanent from start and why you have it, but when my save-file changes it by it self, i get a bit grumpy.

Message 11 of 18 (948 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, this just happened to me, except vice versa, from male to female - I'm pretty much 100% certain it is the consequence of accidentally having started a fresh game/pilot (as the only option at the time) with the infinite "connecting to online services" (my internet was running flawlessly otherwise) - not sure about the exact order anymore so it's possible the game allowed me to start the tutorial before solving the connection issue (by repairing the game from Origin library) - either way, I inadvertently started a new story and, to be able to abort it (as menus are inaccessible until after the cutscene sequence and voice selection) I randomly confirmed a voice set, female in this case. With the connection issue fixed, my character kept all the gear intact, same with level, story progression and anything gameplay-relevant, but the pilot selection screen, while displaying the original name, has refreshed the "hours played" counter, the freelancer voice set is now female and the animation when opening the expedition menu by physically approaching and activating the javelin is glitching (distorted geometry of the pilot's hands... though this might be a separate issue as it happens with both a male and a female pilot - and as it is I can't even tell whether there are distinct models for either sex, so...).

The game seems to have stopped showing the open visors - and thus the pilot's face - during the matchmaking cutscene some time ago, I'm not sure though that's the case throughout the story (well, that single instance, as far as I remember), but if not, it might come to bite me in the (hopefully) coming acts - I wouldn't mind the female voice set per se if the appearance got basically dummied out (I still find it a bit more annoying than the male version but as long as it's not inconsistent with appearance...).

In any event, I don' think I'd be willing to risk repeating the process to select male voice again, even if I knew how. Is there a local file entry maybe? :/

Message 12 of 18 (908 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes got exacly same issue. my xharcter goes from male to female just after i connected incoretly druing of accidentally having started a fresh game/pilot when srevers was under maintenance last patch time it put me into tutorial and i choosed "female" to skip it. Its somehow annoying to me plz fix is needed.

Message 13 of 18 (865 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is exactly what happened to me. I didn't think it would affect my pilot since it was offline. After listening to the female voice, while some of it is good, I find her at times to be a bit of a chipmunk with poor intonation. I'd like to go back to the male voice. BioWare, you need to add this option. It can't be that hard, right?

Message 14 of 18 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

really no any response at topic by 2 weeks... bioware really?

Message 15 of 18 (819 Views)

★★★ Guide
Agreed with Cathoni. BW, this is a quality of life thing. Please get it done. Add it to the next client-side patch if need be.
Message 16 of 18 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
@FavretThere should be a way to delete your save file.

I have two pilots, and I remember seeing an option to delete the second one (for me it’s “hold F to delete” on PC). I assume you cannot delete a pilot that’s currently active (or maybe you cannot delete the first pilot you create, I haven’t tested it that much).

For anyone that got issues with their pilots accidentally getting changed due to a bug, I would suggest posting on the Technical Issues forum and/or the Bug Reports forum.

Message 17 of 18 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@OhD3er Where is the area where you can delete it?
Message 18 of 18 (560 Views)