Re: How to better the game for everyone

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

How to better the game for everyone

★★★ Newbie

Please make an online forum where the number of snipers are limited as a special class. In BF 1 the sentry was special and only a number were capable to play at the same time.  Included are yhe same aspect as the tank hunters, or even the tanks.  Just make them a special selection for a single online game play and see the results prior to changing the entire game.

Secondly is the aspect of the snipers being able to keep an uninterrupted soght picture when they are being fired at.  This is unrealistic  please make the snipers aim more like the previous battlefield games.

Message 1 of 5 (657 Views)

★ Guide
@lilstomachake I also think that it isn't fair that non-sniper guns get no bullet drop because one tactic I use is to fair my support MMG back at a sniper and fully suppress them because I don't have to worry about bullet drop.
Message 2 of 5 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]

Everyone loathed bullet deviation with a passion and I most certainly don't want to see it make a return - The Sniper class does receive suppression, just not as much at a time as as other classes (mostly due to their proximity to the fight), which I'm ok with; zoom-out and how TTD currently work make this relatively balanced.

I think if you have the nerves and skill to overcome suppression and get the perfect shot, it's your golden reward to take. Is it perfect right now? Nope, I don't believe so, but we are definitely in a better place now than we were in previous titles.

I do agree there needs to be a reduction in snipers overall; The number doesn't have to be huge but it can really bog the game down when more than half the team tries to take pot shots from far away

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 5 (561 Views)

★★★ Expert
@TTZ_Dipsy Snipers are fine for me, although I only play them when required for a daily or weekly.
I luckily also see more and more snipers joining PTFO / close combat.
What would be awesome for the successor of BFV is to have a new game mode which Embraces teamplay. In this game mode snipers will be limited. Let's say 1 sniper a squad. So then they need to create a new squad and play lonely then for example, or just limit snipers to the whole game to 6. But off course also do the same with Support, medics and so on. Just for players to challenge team effort. Like on Omaha beach, Bangalors and waiting on engineering team.
Message 4 of 5 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I prefered the sniper model in all of the previous BF's. The current one is easy mode.  And honestly - not everyone hated the bullet deviation- you know why?- because one of the biggest complaints about BF 4 and BF3 was that snipers would sit on a hill and kill people half a map away- with bullet deviation. And in some maps- you would literally have half a team being made up of recon players using the Barret rifle.

Message 5 of 5 (458 Views)