Re: How to be a good teammate?

by Kittkat26

Original Post

How to be a good teammate?

★★ Novice

Hello! This is going to sound stupid but I really don't care because I want to enjoy this game and I want other people to enjoy having me on their team. I've never played a multiplayer game before. I don't know anything about etiquette or how you're supposed to interact, what's nice to do or not, how to help the people I play with. My whole gaming experience is limited to the Mass Effect trilogy, Dishonored, TES games and a couple of others I've played without being, like, a crazy completionist, like some of the Dragon Age, Portal or Dark Souls III. Multiplayer is just out of there for me, but Apex sounds so cool I want to try it and I'd hate to be a hassle to play with. Do you have any tips? Even if it sounds so obvious to you you wouldn't even think about giving it, I can tell you for sure it's going to be useful to me. Any advice is welcome, truly. Thank you, and I hope you're having a great time with the game!

Message 1 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: How to be a good teammate?

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you use a mic? Talking to people and being able to hear people is usually integral to playing well with others. There's also a text to voice option if you don't want to talk but it's a bit annoying. 

The ping system is really helpful, always ping items your team can use and ping areas you want to go to, always ping enemies for your squad if you see them. 

If it's safe to do so, try to revive your teammates if they're downed and use the respawn beacons to get your teammates back in the game fighting with you. If you play Lifeline, offer her healbot when teammates are low on health. As any other Legend, you can toss healing items from your inventory to your team if they need them more than you do.

Try not to run into and take on entire enemy squads by yourself, keep your eye on your team and try to work together to move in tactically to take your enemy down.

Do your best to stick together with your team, try not to run ahead or lag behind if you can help it.

Mainly, communication tends to be the key to multiplayer games, you don't have to speak over a mic if you really don't want to due to the ping system so it's pretty easy to do in this game especially. 

I'm not a pro at this game but I like to think that I'm a decent teammate. Mostly, have fun because this is a great and fun game to play with others! Good luck in the ring Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)