Re: How to acces rem tech in vaults?

by Arasteele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to acces rem tech in vaults?

★★★ Novice

I am needing to know how to get the rem tech from vaults AFTER the purification. As in, after it's all done and my team re enters. The rem tech is locked back up again.
Is there no way to get to it?

Message 1 of 8 (6,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

There is something in every vault behind a force field.  Some of them are not easily found or where you might look at all.  They have to be grabbed on the way out after turning on the purification terminal.  Once you get to the last vault checkpoint, accessing that terminal which closes the door and backs that smoke stuff back into the vault, if you haven't grabbed the tech, it's too late.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (8,191 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

That is correct, the extra "safe" "chest" "treasure" is only unlocked during the purification.  So you have to figure out how to access that spot and still make it to the door before you start purification or you will probably miss out.

Message 2 of 8 (6,792 Views)

★★ Guide

That's why SAM says to check the area before activating the vault.  It's a silly and cruel thing I think. 

Message 3 of 8 (6,788 Views)

★★ Pro

@Pixeldance wrote:

That's why SAM says to check the area before activating the vault.  It's a silly and cruel thing I think. 

Just an added puzzle to nut out ! :D

One that can be ignored by anyone who wants to.

Message 4 of 8 (6,770 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I never that Sam was referring to looking for Rem Tech. I thought he was saying...Make sure to kill all the Rem guys in the area. Silly me Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (6,751 Views)

★ Guide

I only went out of my way once to get the tech.. I took the long loop out on the Elaaden Vault to get the tech and I won't do it again.

It was nothing really worth anything, it was just a couple containers with loot I could get through other methods. Is that how it always is? Because if so, it's much easier to just take the short route and be done with it. I was under the impression it was going to be something special but it really doesn't seem to be the case.

Message 6 of 8 (6,748 Views)

★ Guide

There is something in every vault behind a force field.  Some of them are not easily found or where you might look at all.  They have to be grabbed on the way out after turning on the purification terminal.  Once you get to the last vault checkpoint, accessing that terminal which closes the door and backs that smoke stuff back into the vault, if you haven't grabbed the tech, it's too late.

Message 7 of 8 (8,192 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To answer the OP's original question, no, once the purification field has been deactivated and the vault seals up, that's it. There's no way to unseal it and go back in for loot. And as others have said, if you want all of the loot you have to get it before and during the purification process.

On a side note, could SAM be more vague when he says "I suggest you sweep the area"? Really SAM, and me without a broom!

Message 8 of 8 (5,538 Views)