Re: How to Play Suburbanation

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

How to Play Suburbanation

★ Pro

There are two strategies once more:

1. Defend two points for the entire match or

2. Suburbanation Occupation.

Beginning of the match: run to the middle so you control it faster. By the time enemies arrive, the rest of your team will. After that, the two strategies are in play.

1. If you have the patience, keep two points for the entire match. Enemies will spawn where their active point is, so you'll know where they'll come from. Defend your points, it's really as simple as that. They may spawn where your team isn't so try and spread out to prevent flanks and enemies from spawning in undefended locations. For example, if you have the lighthouse and shipwreck points, defend them and occupy the beach. You want to always control B and A/C so they can't spawn in near A/C. Remember that you can't gain points with one controlled point, so it's possible to go 100-0 easily using this strategy. But this takes a long time, in which case...

2. Hold onto Suburbanation for the duration of the match. Once you control your spawn's and middle point, immediately charge into the last one. Once you get Suburbanation, keep just one part of the map occupied. In Pressure Pier, that would be the beach, and every nook and cranny should have at least one player nearby it to prevent enemies from spawning there. But if you occupy the entire map, enemies can spawn wherever. Use mid-range to sniper characters as you wanna keep enemies spawning in that same position so you're ready for attacks.

These strategies along with Team Vanquish are about standing your ground and manipulating spawns. The ones mentioned here do require more team cooperation, but you simply have to brace for turnovers and regain control once you're able to. The last thing you want to be doing is running around trying to capture points alone, so use defensive characters to hold onto yours and stop attackers. Don't bother using characters with 75 HP because it's hard to focus on a point, maintaining health and attacking at the same time. Otherwise, all characters are good. Post over.

Message 1 of 4 (317 Views)

★★★ Guide

well thank lord your here now I can play a game mode that only comes at weekly events inside a game I don't even play. Sorry for that but there's no point people learning about it, if you can't even play it (or rarely play it whatever)

Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

★ Pro
@Multiwarfare That's why I've always tried to play Mixed Mode because after Capture the Taco and Soil Survivors I knew there might be something up with these three game modes. Don't take this stuff for granted, enjoy it while it lasts. Despite this, it's still playable in Private Play, just isn't the same.
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

Champion
@Fork_x_Spoon Great job on this guide or cheat sheet, whatever you would prefer to call it, again. It’s a shame that you can only play this now in Weekly Events or Private Play but at least you can still do it. Well done on this guide, I will make sure to add it into my list of guides when I next edit it.
Message 4 of 4 (272 Views)