Re: How to Apex by Marten

by MartenPhilip

Original Post

★★★ Guide
You're one to talk.

You keep condescending me every opportunity you get that's passive aggressive behavior.

Just because you prefer to have less socially interactive game.

Doesn't mean not using a mic is the best way to go.

You will lack more information and input from your squad mates.
Pings will only be visible to you when they're in front of you.

A call out such as "watch your six" is more effective than bashing a ping button. Hoping your squad members will notice it's behind them.

So all your opinions are rather ironic.
And your tone is far from friendly.
Message 11 of 33 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MartenPhilip League players are set teams of people that know each other, not you and 2 random people that might be from a completely different country that can't understand you or have a microphone that's so crap you can't understand anything even if they speak a language you understand.

In fact I have not once had a random teammate who talked on mic I could understand properly at all.

Message 12 of 33 (346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If only the voice comm quality was half decent. Most people sound like their mic is too close. Their's a lot of distortion and it almost sounds like everyone is shouting even when I'm sure they're not.

I usually queue solo but I've played with a friend (who uses the same model of mic as myself) and half the time I cannot make out what he was trying to say in-game. The only reason I'm able to catch all of his words is because we're also communicating through discord where he is coming through crystal clear. So I'm pretty convinced that this is something out of the players hands.

I even had one occasion where I cracking a friendly joke, not even a back-handed joke, and in return I've received a volatile reaction. Probably because the guy didn't hear exactly what I said, but just assumed it was negative because of how unpleasant my voice sounds after distortion.

Even as I try to keep my info brief I've still learned to space my wording for this specific game, but since not everyone knows how their voice is going to sound it's not a very comprehensive solution. A lot of conversations often go a little bit like this:

Random Squaddie: PFFFFFT FFFT SSSHHHH PFFFFT NKER!?!

Me to myself: Okay. Bunker.

Me to them: You want us to go bunker?

Random Squaddie: YFFFFF!

Me to myself: I'm so smart.

Message 13 of 33 (337 Views)

★★★ Guide
@stevencloser

That doesn't mean you can communicate with strangers.
Unless you're suffering from social anxiety.
And qualities might differ I had understandable people and people who were barely understandable.
It's still better than nothing.
Message 14 of 33 (335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Apex doesn't even have mic volume controls, so most people will be either too loud or too silent to hear (I'm on the way too silent side, even though I've maxed everything external). That kind of shows the dev's attitude towards voice comms for this game (unimportant). Discord or bust.

Message 15 of 33 (334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here on NA East the randoms i get are usually not that toxic with all these terrible communication skills and mic feedback etc.... I don't know what server you guys play on, but i have met and won with plenty of randoms.

Message 16 of 33 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@MartenPhilip 

What does it all have to do with solo mode? We know how to play in a team. That doesn't mean that we always want to do that. Solo mode is a completely different experience, that shouldn't be even too hard to implement: 1) it doesn't need any new assets at all; 2) we have enough players to support 2 queues.

P.S. I dare you to find a single PubG player that has played exclusively only squad games. Different modes for different moods.

Message 17 of 33 (328 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Biochemikas

Apex Legends is a squad based Battle Royale.

Solo mode does not meet the standards of the game,

Rendering the uniqueness of legends wasted.
As a solo match would be too imbalanced and pure chaos and it might even render the game unstable imagine 60 artillery at once, pretty sure the server can't handle it and the server would crash.

Meaning they would have to remove legend abilities for the mode.
Which would ruin the purpose of the game.
And we all knew this was going to be a squad based battle royale when we started playing so demanding something else is quite ridiculous
Message 18 of 33 (308 Views)

★★★ Guide

I usually mute people if they talk too much or ping too much. No need to hear everything they say on their cheap mics.

Message 19 of 33 (298 Views)

★ Guide
I like your breakdown of tips, it will give any player a good solid foundation on which they can build off of. Even though I have several hours put into this game I'm still learning more and more especially since this is the first BR game I've ever played
Message 20 of 33 (286 Views)