Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How the Anthem Community Continues to Out-Pace the Devs' Original Vision

by neil1481czr

Original Post

How the Anthem Community Continues to Out-Pace the Devs' Original Vision

★★ Novice

I'll preface this by saying I've played Anthem since day 1. I thoroughly enjoy it for what it is. It's a gorgeous looking, amazingly styled, highly intuitive game that has a super smooth and fluid combat control system with great weapon mechanics and a combo system that is extremely satisfying to master. It also has many faults...

Having said that, let me address the slightly provocative title I created. The devs never intended for us to achieve what we have achieved, in so little time. That's evident in the rewards given to us for completing extremely difficult tasks. Why else would being able to craft MW components be a reward for having put in over 500 hours of gameplay? Rewards need to be re-worked to actually be a reward. At over 300 hours played of Anthem I still can not craft a MW component, yet I have acquired every MW Component for every Jav hundreds of times over. Why is that?

It is because we b*tched and moaned that legos and MW's were not dropping more frequently. We pushed the devs to increase drop rates and now, we as a community, have transcended EA and BIOWare's original game-plan for how Anthem was going to play out or rather how THEY thought it was going to play out, and we are now being punished for it. 

So, the devs should really decide whether to re-work the in-game achievement award payouts including coin and crystal payouts for missions, contracts and strongholds, as well as increase the crystal caches significantly in free-play to something more appropriate. It is very safe to say, on your main account you should be able to craft those MW components way before the time it takes to get the reward to do so. In my opinion AFTER you have played with and deleted every single MW item you own is not the appropriate time to be given the reward of crafting useless MW items of any kind. There is no motivation, unless you are a completionist, to continue that quest. My question to the devs is this:

Devs have you considered tweaking the rewards system yet? If so, would you consider letting us craft Legendary items as a more appropriate reward considering the large amount of time needed to complete the task?

Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)

Re: How the Anthem Community Continues to Out-Pace the Devs' Original Vision

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I agree with the opinions stated by the OP in his first paragraph. I started to play Anthem in June (2 months ago). It is a very good game that has kept me entertained almost exclusively during these past weeks. Being able to craft legendary items would be a fitting reward for players investing such a big amount of time playing this game.

Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)

★★★ Guide

Another two cents worth

I started playing in February and am just over 300 hours / 101,000 points

500 hours of game play to get the 150,000 points for the MW blue prints sounds about right.

So would doing 300,000 points / 1,000 hours of game play for lego blue prints be worth it?

By the time you get to that point you would probably already have a lot of legendary stuff with bad rolls.

I would rather see some way of rolling for better inscriptions on existing legendary stuff I already have.

Beer

Message 3 of 4 (115 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Understood, currently over 1600hrs in and still can't find a number of lego's and still have a good number of lego's that have stat's worst than my MW's. Bad system.

Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help