How should Brainium Basher 9001 be Nerfed?

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

How should Brainium Basher 9001 be Nerfed?

Champion

Hey community,

I have heard many players saying that Brainium Basher 9001 needs a nerf and they would like it to see a nerf. I agree with this: I think Steam Blaster is slightly worse, but I recommend that this gets a (significant) nerf. Now to ask the community: what nerfs do you want to see on this upgrade? Is the damage too high? Is the uppercut too OP? Is the mobility through the roof? And if he got these nerfs, what buffs should he get to make up for it? After all, this legendary upgrade is expensive and it should be worth using for those who would like to.

The final update is coming out at the end of the month. He should be nerfed, we do not want to see this upgrade dominating the game for the rest of the game's life cycle and driving the community away extra fast. Hopefully he will see some sort of nerf, and hopefully become easier to use as well.

I will respond to all answers, and after the first response is made, I will provide mine. For now, see ya!

Message 1 of 21 (1,103 Views)

Re: How should Brainium Basher 9001 be Nerfed?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheSprinter85Here's a few

• Similar to citron's dash and all star's tackle, he stops at the end of a bash for a second to prevent being able to jump and still move.
  • Maximum damage he can do is 70 damage but health is increased to 200 to actually make him high risk high reward
  • Upper cut does 15 damage to mostly just be a high jump and trap.
Message 2 of 21 (1,082 Views)

Below is my newest changing idea (similar to my old comment https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Brainium-Basher-feedback/m-p/9305331/highlight/true#M23... ):

---

IMO, losing his primal 3 abilities(Heroic Fist, Flying Fist, and Alpha Better Shield) to gain very strong one ability is too excessive.

How about losing fewer abilities to gain lesser one ability.

1. Losing 2 abilities (Flying Fist and Alpha Better Shield) instead of 3. He can use Heroic Fist normally.

2. He can't non-charge dash forward anymore. If he wants to dash forward, he must charge. He can no longer approach quickly and escape quickly. And he can't use shield.

3. Brainium Basher deals smaller damage, first charge version deals 25 damage, and second (=full) charge version deals 50 damage. Its primal purpose will not be damaging, but be approaching to hit punch, or escaping.

4. Brainium Basher doesn't heal user.

In current version, enabling Heroic Fist won't be much advantage, because by balancing patch Heroic Fist is well weakened and Turbo Twister is well strengthened. And now, using Turbo Twister soon after hitting Brainium Basher is less popular because current Brainium Basher itself already deals too much damage.

This my changing idea will simply weaken it.

---

Above is my favorite nerfing but is so drastic, so more slight nerfing will be coming.

Message 3 of 21 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This is how I think Brainium Basher should be nerfed: 

• Increase the charge-up time to fully charge your primary attack.
  • You can not move, while charging up your primary attack, but you can still turn and jump, and improve the mobility given by the primary attack when charged up.
  • Give the uppercut a longer delay before it can be reused.
  • Reduce the damage of the primary attack to 100.

As of for buffs:

• Increase the damage and radius of the uppercut.
  • Give the uppercut a pull effect.
  • During the primary attack charge, while you are charging, allow it to be cancelled with abilities, or “frozen” with Super Ultra Ball.
  • Allow Brainium Basher’s primary to deal critical hits, which successful hits would deal 150.

Thanks for your responses! If I think of more ideas I will provide them here.

Message 4 of 21 (1,055 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 I agree with most of your changes, but I think the buffs for Uppercut are a bit much.
Message 5 of 21 (1,040 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Maybe the Uppercut should not have increased damage then? I mean 40 is decent!
Message 6 of 21 (1,006 Views)

★ Pro
BB shouldn't make SB travel across the Russian Federation. Have his dash attack travel a shorter distance.
Message 7 of 21 (982 Views)

★ Expert

I think he's fine just nerf mobility so a delay between whatever he does now.  A good player will spam and you can't hit them or even know where the hell they are.

Message 8 of 21 (946 Views)

Champion

If the Brainium Basher 9001’s mobility was an ability, it would not be as bad, but considering that it is a primary weapon and that it can be used (and abused) at any time, it is too powerful.

Message 9 of 21 (922 Views)

★★ Pro
  1. remove your self heal.
  2. decrease your life from 175> 150.
  3. decrease the damage of more charged cartoons: 1-50       2-75      3-100.
  4. make the first charge not be instantaneous, it must be loaded.
  5. and a 20% increase in charge loading.
Message 10 of 21 (900 Views)