Re: How nice to lose points when one of you team mate is disconnected from the s

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

How nice to lose points when one of you team mate is disconnected from the start

★★ Novice

Could you please fix the game so we can enjoy it? I know that EA is all about the money, but still if you have good service you will get paid not when there is hackers and bugs all over the place!!!

Message 1 of 18 (3,876 Views)

Re: How nice to lose points when one of you team mate is disconnected from the s

★★★★ Guide

you don't lose points when your teammate is dc'd

Message 2 of 18 (3,860 Views)

★★ Expert
@Matyo103 As the man above me said, no points are lost when you lose a teammate at any moment in the match.

If this did happen, record it and submit it since this sounds like a real issue if it happens again.
Message 3 of 18 (3,829 Views)

★ Guide

Happened twice to me this past weekend. One guy was afk and disconnected and one disconnected before character selection. No rp forgiveness on either one unfortunately. And I don’t record so I have no way to prove it to respawn but it does happen :/

Message 4 of 18 (3,803 Views)

★★ Expert
@Kevin-c946 did you leave the match as well or play it out until you died?

Again, I don't think there has been a case of this happening, but rather the player just leaves and thus RP forgiveness is not given because you technically left your "team" before squad wipe.
Message 5 of 18 (3,798 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NaRnIaaa @iBlockHead 

I assume neither of you have read up on the season 4 changes to loss forgiveness? 

You now lose points regardless. Also if you crash out legitimately, in fact. You also received the deserter penalty on top which eventually ramps up to 30 days.

Which means that eventually everybody will receive long banns if they regularly play ranked. Respawn is in over their heads with their first foray into always online games. They lack the personnel and foresight to handle Apex's required maintenance.

Message 6 of 18 (3,776 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro You only lose the loss forgiveness if you leave or crash, not teammates. Granted many people seem to have issues with crashing, but I'm one of the unicorns I guess who've never experienced this, so I can't speak from that aspect.

Also. Did they not recently cap the penalty to 10 minutes? Could have swore I read that recently...
Message 7 of 18 (3,744 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@NaRnIaaa wrote:

you don't lose points when your teammate is dc'd

Incorrect.  The game isn't perfect.  Fun as hell to play, when it's working, absolutely infuriating when it isn't.

I'm very tired of beating the same dead horse with the following:

You'll lose points if you DC, even if you're supposed to get forgiveness.  If you don't get to the plus side, there is still a chance you even get an abandonment loss, which doubles the normal point loss.  Completely unfair, especially when they say they fixed it.  They have not FIXED it.

You'll also lose points on the following (even if you lose a teammate to DC/whatever):  Server resets, logic errors, general game crashes.  You also have a chance to again, get double the point losses, and basically general hatred at the system.  Wink

I'm a competitor.  I may not be the greatest, but I and a few friends are competitors.  What really pisses me off about this season is actually a few things.

1)  They haven't fixed the LOGIC ERROR.  I've reinstalled this buggy crap several times.  I've given up trying to see if it's on my end, it's not.  This error randomly crashes you, ranked, unranked, doesn't matter.  If you're in ranked, you're getting double the loss of points.  This happened several times to me in platinum.  It's a serious issue for competitors, and they have little to no response to this.  They're support sucks, it's automated, or you're connected to someone in India who has no care what your issue is.  Just how to forward your issue to "the appropriate support arm", and then you'll get an automated response by email from that arm anyhow.

2)  Server Errors/Resets:  Just last night, I was playing ranked with a buddy.  We lost our teammate early to DC, so we're like... OK, Free game!  We were actually plus points, I'm in plat, he's a diamond, so we're playing tougher opponents.  Server reset occurs to both of us.  I was plus 12 or 16, would have to look again.  We both got time banned, and double point losses.

3) Sound issues...  Especially with XBOX (I play PC and xbox, xbox is really bad).  They still haven't fixed it.  

4)  Lazy developers pushing content, not fixes.  All in all, I will no longer support EA/RESPAWN because of this.  Was a huge fan until it took 3 games to realize how bad they milked me.  From Titanfall I, II, to this...  Nerf after nerf until they killed they're own titanfall games, they'll do it to this to push the next game.  And never properly fix the bugs.

Eventually, I'll stop playing.  For now the game has kept me interested, but the interest, just as with anything, is disappearing.  They've aided with it.  This time, though, the difference is, I'll never support another EA/Respawn game, period.  This is coming from a guy who's played EA games since the original CnC.  I've probably bought five copies of Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun for me and some friends, back when CD/DVD games were a thing.  

I'm getting older, but i've still got a plenty good reaction time, and competitive spirit that keeps me going.  It's a huge letdown when the game fails you.  Specifically talking XBOX version of the game.  The PC version I've had little issue with...

Message 8 of 18 (3,743 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have noticed that if you get pulled into a game where there are only 2 of you during character selection the game won't give you loss forgiveness.

I have had that happen to me a handful of times.

Message 9 of 18 (3,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@WingmannedbroI know how the system works, no need to explain.

Yes you lose points of you leave/DC whether its your fault or not if it continues to happen over and over and you can all thank the cheaters of last season for this current system.

But again, if it happens over and over, you should really stop playing ranked for a while if you keep DC'ing because like someone said above, I am also a unicorn who has very rarely had this issue and those around me who do get it, have a very clogged up network or just booty internet that can't keep up with Apex servers.

I also think there is a limit to RP forgiveness as well since last season players also abused it by having their buddies leave so their friend doesn't go down in rank.

Message 10 of 18 (3,694 Views)