Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Betreff: How much starting coins you received?

by ScrubbyGrabbit

Original Post

Re: How much starting coins you received?

★★★★ Guide

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:

I don't mind if it's related to Alpha, VD, or OD progress. But I think EA/Bioware owe us an answer to that variation.

I would mind, because some people got screwed out of the progress because of all the issues. And they never said there would be rewards outside of the decals, so that would be another issue. 

I hope it's a bug, but yeah they got some 'splainin' to do. 

Defiance @Arsenic_Touch used to know someone who played there years ago with your name.

Message 41 of 50 (160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DanteYoda wrote:

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:

I don't mind if it's related to Alpha, VD, or OD progress. But I think EA/Bioware owe us an answer to that variation.

I would mind, because some people got screwed out of the progress because of all the issues. And they never said there would be rewards outside of the decals, so that would be another issue. 

Defiance @Arsenic_Touch used to know someone who played there years ago with your name.

That is me. Boy did they drive that game into the ground. 

Message 42 of 50 (154 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

@DanteYoda wrote:

@Arsenic_Touch wrote:

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:

That is me. Boy did they drive that game into the ground. 

Ah good to know Been a while yeah i left a long while off when they first overhauled it and damaged it badly weapons wise

hit me up in game after the 22nd if you ever want to team up, Only have the retail Legion edition.

Message 43 of 50 (149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I played all three demos - the alpha, the VIP demo, and the open demo - and have Origin Premier. Pretty much the maximum set. Got 40k and 1 javelin. :-/

Message 44 of 50 (129 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It's another bug.  Day 1 patch fixes it.  Patch might just reset everyone to the proper 40k.  Coin not so easy to get as some are suggesting cuz you can only do 99% of the challenges that reward coin, once.  Seems like you get a lot when you first start playing but the whole system was designed to give that impression.  Some challenges reset weekly but the coin dropping slows down a lot from what it felt like at the very beginning.

Message 45 of 50 (126 Views)

★ Guide

@ScrubbyGrabbit wrote:

It's another bug.  Day 1 patch fixes it.  Patch might just reset everyone to the proper 40k.  Coin not so easy to get as some are suggesting cuz you can only do 99% of the challenges that reward coin, once.  Seems like you get a lot when you first start playing but the whole system was designed to give that impression.  Some challenges reset weekly but the coin dropping slows down a lot from what it felt like at the very beginning.

What about the coins that was spent?

Message 46 of 50 (119 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Darconos wrote:

@Sirithcam wrote:

I got 120.000 Coins at the start and could unlock 3 Javelins with lvl 2. I think its related on the VIP Demo ant the closed Betas

Can anyone from Closed Alpha and VIP demo confirm this?

I played alpha, VIP, and open demos, and started with 40K and one unlock.

Message 47 of 50 (118 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@HK-SHArK-FiN wrote:

@ScrubbyGrabbit wrote:

What about the coins that was spent?

That is indeed a good question. They could hypothetically give those people a negative balance but I doubt it would be popular. It’s also kind of an opportunity cost to give everyone extra $30+ worth of coin, but it would make sense to do that at least for the early access people, especially considering all the issues. Of course at that point they’d probably kinda have to give it to the pre-order people as well because otherwise it would be “you didn’t tell us we could have bought $30 worth of coin for $15 with Premier sub” all over the forum. I doubt they’ll have any new players start with 240k coins post launch though.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 48 of 50 (112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is there any official announcement yet after the "aware" post.. feels like they want this issue to fade with time.

Message 49 of 50 (77 Views)

★★ Guide

So I only started with 40k. Such a disappointment. 

Message 50 of 50 (27 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help